NEPA BlogCon 2014: Session 8 - Elizabeth Guerrero, Radiant Abandon
Facebook, Your Followers,
and Your Business:
How to Go from
“It's Complicated” to “Engaged”
by Elizabeth Guerrero
How can I use Facebook to grow
my business in an authentic,
Let’s talk about …
• building real relationships to increase the
involvement of your network in your business.
• bringing real-world, old-fashioned interactions
into the modern, social media platform.
1. YOU as Your Personal Brand
2. Engaging Your Network
3. Good Facebook Karma
Your Brand is YOU
• What are you selling?
– YOU! Your story, your personality, your lifestyle.
• People don't take action in your business
because of the thing … they take action
because of the underlying value that you
represent with your personal brand.
BE SOMETHING that people will want
to be a part of.
What’s YOUR Personal Brand?
• What VALUES do you want people to associate with
you and your business?
– Me: Community, financial freedom, FUN, flexibility,
richness of life
• What EMOTIONS do you want people to feel when
they're involved with your business?
– Me: Excited, inspired, purposeful, connected, in control of
Those are the things you
want to represent on Facebook.
Engaging People in
Your Business with
Engagement on Facebook
• What’s the goal of Facebook engagement?
– To sell?
– To woo – to make them fall in love with your
– Two-way business interactions conversation vs.
– Visibility on news feed
– Expands your network
Personal Brand Engagement
• Identifying your personal brand helps you
know how to engage
• Flip your perspective
– from products, sales, and numbers
– to conversations and PEOPLE
• THIS skill is the antidote to annoying “buy this,
check this out, please please please” type
Don’t Post an Update,
Start a Conversation
• Simple 3-Step Process
1. What is the “thing” you want to promote through
2. What emotions/values/experiences does that thing
3. Start a convo about #2 with a link or photo to #1.
• Ask for an opinion/advice
• Invite people to share a story
• Take a survey
Be YOU and engage people on what really matters
to you and to the people you want to connect with.