1. Imagine yourself at a depot. Youare going away for a while, and youthink traveling on this type of masstransportation will be an excitingnew experience, as well as a timeto think. Describe yourtransportation.
2. You don’t much feel like companyhowever, so as you board yourtransportation you search for anempty space. You pass throughseveral occupied spaces beforefinally finding one you can have all toyourself. Gratefully, you plop down ina seat and start to relax. Describeyour space.
3. Much to your dismay,however, less than a minute latera stranger enters your space,shattering your solitude. Describethis stranger.
4. The stranger is holdingsomething that catches youreye. What is the strangerholding?
5. You are annoyed by thisstranger intruding on you. Youhope you can at least avoidconversation. To discourage anytalk, you look out the window.Describe what you see out thewindow.
6. As you’re looking out thewindow, you’re thinking about whyyou’re on this trip. Why are youhere, and where are you going?
7. The stranger interrupts your thoughtsto ask a question. What does thestranger ask?8. You give a brief reply, and thenpointedly turn your attention back to thewindow. How do you answer thestranger and what are you thinkingabout after this brief exchange?
9. Bored with the scenery, youget out a book you’ve beenwanting to read or reread. Youbegin to peruse the pages. Whatare you reading, and why are youreading it?
10. As you try to read youbecome uncomfortably aware thatthe stranger is staring at yourfeet. You look down and realizethat something that embarrassesyou is lying next to your feet.What is it?
11. You want to distract the strangerfrom examining your feet any longer,so you turn the tables and ask him orher a question. What do you ask?
12. Write a short dialogue thatproceeds from your question.
13. After the conversation, you turninward again. What are youthinking about now?
14. The stranger suddenly gets yourattention by doing somethingshocking or startling. What does thestranger do?