HTML5 APPLICATIONS VS NATIVE APPLICATIONS
• Native applications will continue to thrive as time goes on, HTML5
applications are promising and thriving to create a market niche of
• HTML5 application are completely different from native
• HTML5 application supports cross-platform, are constrained to a
budget, and works with simple user interface.
How to choose between native apps and HTML
• Factors that should be considered to choose
between native apps and HTML apps are as
• Development costs.
• Cross Platform Capabilities.
• Development cycle.
• Native applications are fragmented among many
different platforms, like Android, iOS, Windows Phone,
Blackberry, Symbian etc all use different code bases.
• Developing applications for these platforms therefore
costs a significant amount when compared to
development cost of HTML5 applications.
Relationship between costs and number of
Cross Platform Capabilities of HTML5
• The introduction of HTML5 created a great buzz
due to its the cross-platform capabilities.
• HTML5 possesses wrapped into a native
application with cross-platform development
tools, that is why HTML5 embraced by developers
as the future of mobile application development.
• Native applications are more demanding and
expensive when they are compared to HTML5
• Supporting just one native platform might not be
a good marketing strategy, because it require
high cost of development for other platforms.
The factors discussed above are not aimed to
conclude which is best, the purpose of comparing
HTML5 applications vs. native applications is to
summarize the factors that should be considered by
an application development company according to
the prime target of application.