• NOT your blog!
• NOT your facebook!
• NOT your friendster!
• It’s for you to showcase your best works~
• It’s for you to stand out by profiling your strengths~
• Keep it clear & concise~
• Spread the word!
• Update regularly!
• Play it SAFE!
• This is representing “you” professionally
Questions for Thought?
• What distinguishes an electronic (online) portfolio
from a traditional resume?
• What are the pros and cons of each format?
• In what ways can students use and benefit from an
Recommended ePortfolio Items
ePortfolio Items Possible Information
Education Details of course & modules taken
Work Experience, Industrial If any… AND RELEVANT
Attachment & Internship
Major School Projects Showcase major projects e.g. websites, movies, designs, posters,
writings, newsletters, research, papers
Leadership Development Showcase CCA activities especially committee/leadership positions
Skills & Language Spoken and Written Languages & Skills e.g. Photoshop, Flash,
Dreamweaver, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Access.
Community Services Showcase how you have helped the less privileged communities (local
& overseas), any volunteer work, etc.
References & Testimonials Scanned documents of school or company testimonials.
Scholarships, Awards & Prizes List any scholarship, awards or prizes.
Participation in Competition List any participation in RELEVANT competitions.
My Blogs Hyperlink to your blog site (Play it SAFE!)
My Social Networks Hyperlink to your social networking sites (e.g. Facebook, Friendster)
(Play it VERY SAFE!)
Any others… (Play it VERY VERY SAFE!)
Create your ePortfolio @ VisualCV!
View some examples?~
• See Sheryl’s? She reminds me of you~ (http://www.visualcv.com/sheryl)
• Writings… Fundraising… Blog… Photoshop… Banner… Webpage… Photography… Dance…
• See Matt’s? (http://www.visualcv.com/magelb)
• Videos… Audio… Slideshows… Blogs….
• See Wilson’s? (http://www.visualcv.com/wto)
• Research papers… Presentations… Flyers… Case Studies… Website… Videos…
How To Start?
• Take a Quick Tour?
– Click “Tour” at top rightmost corner
• Visit the Learning Centre
– Click “Learning Center” at top right corner
• Read the “The Insider's Guide to the VisualCV”!
– Click “Insider’s Guide” at left navigation menu
• Help yourself to all the goodies~
– Online Help (http://www.visualcv.com/www/learning_center/online_help/index.html)
– Demos & Tutorials (http://www.visualcv.com/www/learning_center/demos_tutorials.html)
– Webinar Tutorials (http://www.visualcv.com/www/learning_center/webinars/index.html)
– Tools (http://www.visualcv.com/www/learning_center/tools/buttons/my_visualcv.html)
– Resume Templates (http://www.visualcv.com/www/learning_center/resume_template.html)
Get Started with VisualCV
• Able to upload documents (e.g. pdf files), video clip,
and audio clip from your computer to help showcase
yourself to the world!
• Able to embed Yahoo video, YouTube video &
SlideShare presentation too
• LinkedIn connector
– Another professional CV site
– Create there too!!!
– But pretty much just your photo
– So, create BOTH & Link!