Meraki Wi-Fi Statistics
By Greg Gantz
Accessing the Meraki Dashboard
• Meraki offers a web-based dashboard for it’s users.
• Users must be added by the NEKLS tech team, and require
• If you are not a User, and wish to be please contact NEKLS at
firstname.lastname@example.org or 785-838-4090.
• Once login information is in hand for your library navigate to the
• This will take you to the login portal, as seen in the next slide.
• Once you get logged in you will notice that there are several options
available to you.
• Select the tab titled “Organization” and then select the “Location Analytics” sub section.
• This is where you should end up.
• The first thing you will want to do is change the date range for the
data. The default is set for one week.
Meraki Reporting - Proximity
• There are three reports available to Meraki wireless users:
• This measures the number of Passerby, visiting and connected devices on
your wireless network.
• A passerby device is detected by a Meraki Access Point and not on the
network long enough to be considered a visitor.
• A visitor devices is on the wireless network long enough to be detected by
the AP for any 5 minutes of a 20 minute period.
• A connected device is actually connected to your network.
• Capture rate is the percent of passerby that become visitors.
• For our purposes we are concerned with both Visitors and Connected
Meraki Reporting - Engagement
• The engagement data shows how long devices are within range of the
• This data is comprised of both connected and visitor devices.
• This report also tells us the average daily number of visitors and connected
Meraki Reporting - Loyalty
• This data shows how frequently visitor and connected devices return to the
• For example a weekly user, is someone who returns with their device
between 2 and 6 times in the same month.
• You are also provided with a daily average repeat rate. This lets you know
what percentage of your Wi-Fi users are “regulars”.
• This report also generates a Daily Average Repeat Rate.
• All report data can be downloaded into a spreadsheet. Simply click the CSV button above the bar graph.
• The data is presented in a user friendly format.
Meraki Wireless Statistics
• If you have any questions, regarding accessing your Meraki wireless
statistics, or are interested in acquiring Meraki hardware for you
library please contact us at: