Validated Learning and
Outcomes using Lean
Startup and Agile
Dominic Taranto - CS agent and ABG rep.
● One of the cohort of CS agents spread across
● Employed not just for my abilities for Rote tasks
but as an artist and designer.
● Participant in multiple groups/guilds/project
teams beyond my contracted duties.
Person in Window at Federation Square
by Andrew Makowiecki
Who are our customers?
Artists & Buyers
● Artists are our first customer - ‘We stand for Artists!’
is our mantra but they themselves have customers -
we must also offer support to their buyers.
ABG & BBG
● When it comes to our Rote tasks and
experimentation we are split between A & B.
● Day to day support is either artist or buyer focused.
● To ensure we offer the correct support, CS has a
presence in both the Artist Business Group & Buyer
Rote tasks & Project Time
● Rote (day to day) Answering emails, on live chat
which is primarily reactive or immediate support
● Project Time (20% of week) A chance for CS to
experiment, innovate, problem solve, housekeeping,
contribute to other dpt. and offer proactive support.
Black and White Wheel
Project Focal Areas
● Share data with other teams to validate their assumptions.
● Can we assist or give feedback from CS perspective?
● To help improve processes which down the track minimise
support contact or improve customer experience on site.
● Research into new tools/approaches or features of support
● Regular self-evaluation on processes
● What have we learnt in the past quarter? What can be
● Long term planning for future changes in company
services or direction.
● Are we in line with RB culture and personality?
● How can we work towards artist loyalty?
● Experiment with new ways in which artists can interact and
build authentic relationships amongst themselves, CS and
RB Sunday night in the city
Tools of the Trade!
How it works:
Work station - tracking progress of each project - internally (CS)
Data collection - WAREN - What Are Redbubblers Enquiring Now
Published results to report back to all of RB
Instant day to day messaging or face time
● GA - Google Analytics
Large scale tracking of user behaviour
WAREN data as an open resource
- Review all artist contact for the past 6 months
- Look for trends or changes as new features have been
released eg. New uploader
Passive value of WAREN data
- Missing trends that could be added to preemptive support
- Updating current FAQ network to offer comprehensive self
help which minimises the need for artist contact
CS Redbubble profiles
- Artists are more likely to trust and seek help from agents who
they perceive are not just tech support but creative peers.
- A visible presence on the site for each agent
- Training opportunity for agents
- Immersion within the RB online community After Dave
bring the sake and don't forget I love you