Successfully reported this slideshow.
You’ve unlocked unlimited downloads on SlideShare!
What is Beagle Bone Black..?
It is a low-cost, development platform for
Boot Linux in under 10 seconds and get
started on development in less than 5 minutes
with just a single USB cable.
Beagle Board Means
• Bring your own peripherals
• Entry-level cost ($149/179)
• ARM Cortex-A8 (superscalar)
• Graphics and DSP accelerated
• Linux and open source community
• Environment for innovators
Processor: AM335x 1GHz ARM® Cortex-A8
• 512MB DD3 RAM
• 2GB 8-bit eMMC on-board flash storage
• 3D graphics accelerator
• USB client for power and communications
• USB host
• 2x46 pin headers
• Angstrom Linux
• Cloud9 IDE on Node.js w/ Bone Script Library
• It has two versions 1)BEAGLE BOARD
2)BEAGLE BOARD XM
• Feb 2008: Rev A concept demonstrated at meeting with key
kernel maintainers and open source developers at TIDC
• Jun 2008: Rev B launched broad availability with Digit-Key.
• May 2009: Rev C doubles RAM to 256MB
• Jan 2010: Rev C4 bumps performance to 720MHz and resolves
USB power supply stability issue.
Beagle Board -XM
• A modified version of the Beagle Board called the Beagle Board-XM
started shipping on August 27, 2010.
• It measures in at 82.55 by 82.55 mm and has a faster CPU core
(clocked at 1 GHz compared to the 720 MHz of the Beagle Board).
• RAM (512 MB compared to 256 MB), onboard Ethernet and 4 port
• It has micro SD card.
• The addition of the Camera port to the -XM provides a simple way
of importing videos.
Browsing Your Beagle Board
• Firstly, just test that the
connection is active by trying
to connect to the BBB with a
• Connect to the URL
• You should see a helpful
introductory web page
served by the Beagle Board
• On Linux or Mac simply open a terminal window and
type the following command:
ssh 192.168.7.2 –l root
File system Size
• Cloud9 IDE
Note: Beagle Board
can be powered
from the alternate
jack (as shown) or
Why Beagle Board XM To Be Used
In beagle board there is no over voltage
It is having only one USB, no insertion of
memory card, camera header, various
It is having only 256mb of memory as
compare to the beagle board XM.
LED Blinking: Wiring +ve To Pin 10 &
-ve To GND
LED blinking: writing the program
Back to the Linux/Mac prompt and create the executable
…and execute it
# nano blink.py
import Adafruit_BBIO.GPIO as GPIO
# python blink.py
It is perfect for physical computing and smaller
It can be complemented with cape plug-in boards.
Capes are expansion boards which can be stacked
onto the beagle bone board (up to four at one time).
Capes are expansion boards which can be stacked onto the beagle bone
board (up to four at one time).
Interfacing to all of your robotics motor drivers.
location or pressure sensors.
2D or 3D cameras.
Running Open CV, Open NI and other image collection.
Analysis software to recognize the objects around your
robot and the gestures you might make to control it.
Getting Started with Beagle Bone Black Make
By Matt Richardson
Building Embedded Linux System
By Karim Yaghmour, Jon Masters, Gilad Ben
Yassef, and Philippe Gerum
Embedded Linux System Design and
By P. Raghavan, A. Lad,