Be the first to like this
Prof. Girish Kumar's good work on Cell Phone and Cell Tower Radiation Hazards is being sidelined by telecom representatives and the facts are being twisted.
In this report Prof. Girish Kumar's has summarized his comments in blue colour.
Prof. Girish Kumar's comments ON Report of the Committee Constituted as per direction of Hon’ble High Court Allahabad, Lucknow Bench in its order dated 10.01.2012 in writ petition No. 11275 (M/B) of 2010
ON ISSUES RELATED TO EMF RADIATION
- Prof. Girish Kumar' calculations are twisted by the commitee and presented wrongly.
- They have forcefully written "Prof. (Dr.) Girish Kumar has agreed that all these factors have not been considered in the calculations given by him".
> However the truth is - He did not agree with the committee but they chose to write for the reason best known to them.
- They have mentioned "currently there is no CONCLUSIVE scientific evidence which establishes that EMF has harmful non-thermal effects".
> However Prof. Kumar has repeated presented the BIO-INITIATIVE report 2012 which has given references of 3800 scientific research papers but committee chose to ignore all the time due to reasons best known to them.
- They have mentioned "so far, no conclusive evidence on adverse health effects by EMF radiation from mobile handset has been found internationally by World Health Organization (WHO)."
> No conclusive evidence does not mean no evidence. WHO accepted cell phone as possibly Carcinogen in 2011, where as earlier they had not classified as Class 2B. The reason is that radiation hazards are cumulative in nature and as usage is increasing with time, larger number of people are reporting health hazards.
- They have mentioned "In order to implement the EMF radiation norms, DoT has prescribed a procedure to be followed by the telecom service providers. To oversee the implementation, DoT through its 34 field units, known as TERM units, takes self-certificates for compliance of EMF norms by the operators and conducts regular audit of the EMF radiation exposure from the mobile towers as per the prescribed procedure".
> Self certification is not good. Also, audit of only 10% of sites is done