o E-Commerce is buying & selling of products &
service by businesses and consumers through an
electronic medium, without using any paper
o E- Commerce refers to electronic commerce. It is
buying and selling of goods & service with the help
Ex:- railway ticket booking, funds from ATM.
TYPES OF E-COMMERCE:-
1) B2B ( Business to business):-
Companies doing business with each other such
as manufacturing selling to distributors &
wholesallers selling to retailer.
Ex:-manufacturing industry and Automobile industry.
2) B2C(BUSINESS TO CONSUMER):-
Business to consumer is the indirect trade between
the company & consumers. It provides direct selling
Ex:- online publisher may sell a book to a costumer,
it to him/ her & receiver payment.
3) C2C(CONSUMER TO CONSUMER):-
Consumer sells directly to other consumers. It
helps the online dealing of goods or services
EX:- second hand equipments. Like books.
Most of the students sell their books to other
4) C2B (CONSUMER TO BUSINESS):-
When a consumer is selling a product or service to
a business, consumer fix price on their own which
business accept or decline.
EX:- business receives the services from consumer
most of the business enterprise receives the
handicraft items from consumers.
1) Faster buying / selling procedures, as well as easy
to find products.
2) Awareness of product.
3) Buying/selling 24*7.
4) Low operational cost & better quality of services.
5) No need of physical company set-up.
6) Easy to start and manage a business.
7) Customers can easily select products from
different providers without moving around
8) Improved customer service to your clients.
9) No stock is required.
1) Any one good or bad can easily start a business
and there are many bad sits which eat up
2) There is no guarantee of product quality.
3) Doubts and fears.
4) Inability to feel the physical.
5) Shopping is social experience.
6) Less security.
7) Infrastructure or costly.
8) Issues related with law.
10) Less trust.