Winedrip-An SMS – Based Mobile Marketing Application using Ruby on Rails
An SMS – Based Mobile Marketing
Application using Ruby on Rails
Video Streaming Portals
Rich Internet Apps
250+ team with experience in
managing offshore, distributed
Neev Technologies established
in Jan ’05
VC Funding in 2009 By Basil
Part of Publicis Groupe
Member of NASSCOM.
Development Centers in
Bangalore and Pune.
Offices at Bangalore, USA,
Delhi, Pune, Singapore and
Key Company Highlights
Windows Phone 7
User Interface Design and User Experience Design
Performance Consulting Practices
Quality Assurance & Testing
AWS Consulting Partner
Google App Engine
Outsourced Product Development
• Neev created an SMS-based Mobile Marketing application for a US-
• The application works on short codes gathering information about
customers based on a set of questions.
• With the help of this application, the client is now able to provide a
communication channel for its customers and launch promotions
• Neev also extends support and maintenance services to this
An SMS – Based Mobile Marketing Application using Ruby
• Winedrip, a New York based company, is an information gathering
website for wines.
• The web - based platform helps build lists, launch
promotions, engage at live events, share information instantly and
increase sales conversions between brands and audience.
• Winedrip believes that communicating with the audience when and
where it matters most creates loyal customers and channel for
• This also makes it easy for brands and agencies to interact and
engage the audience leveraging mobile phones and text messages.
• Windedrip approached Neev Technologies with an idea to launch an
SMS-based mobile marketing application using a popular concept
called “short code” for its customers.
• This helps companies leverage the power of mobile and text
messaging to build lasting relationships with their audience.
• The application was to be designed as a means of gathering
information based on a set of questions using which the customers
of Windedrip could get a better understanding of their end
• Due to strict rules and regulations on sending SMS in the US, the
application had to comply with the guidelines of the Mobile
Marketing Association (MMA).
• Neev with its expertise in ROR carried out the project.
• The application was integrated such that the messages are scanned before sending.
There was a strong focus on UI owing to a demand for high quality.
• Any customer can send an SMS to a short code (the number 94637 which is derived
from the word WINES) for the subscription of a program associated with the key
• The short code is followed by a series of questions to get some information about
• The application was designed to generate reports from time-to-time to measure
the effectiveness of the campaigns.
• Neev made use of Agile methodology to handle changing project requirements.
• Use of Agile development tool reduced the cost, improved the quality and added
the advantage of accepting change requests at any point of time.
• Neev also extends support and maintenance services to this application.
Neev Solution (Contd…)
• Winedrip enabled its clients to launch
campaigns, contests, promotions and communicate with their
• Rich User-Interface.
• Reduction in down time.
• Indexing done periodically to increase speed.
• Supports lengthy messages while maintaining their speed and
• Can generate reports to measure the effectiveness of the
• FUSION CHARTS
• MONGREL WEB SERVER
• APTANA STUDIO
Since the company is based in the US which has strict
rules and regulations pertaining to sending SMS to
customers using short codes, the application had to be
designed to comply with the rules and regulations and
follow Mobile Marketing Association (MMA) guidelines.