Snapfish - Social Media Management through Facebook
Social Media Management through Facebook
Video Streaming Portals
Rich Internet Apps
250+ team with experience in
established in Jan ’05
VC Funding in 2009 By Basil
Part of Publicis Groupe
Member of NASSCOM.
Development Centers in
Bangalore and Pune.
Offices at Bangalore, USA,
Delhi, Pune, Singapore and
Key Company Highlights
Windows Phone 7
User Interface Design and User Experience Design
Performance Consulting Practices
Quality Assurance & Testing
AWS Consulting Partner
Google App Engine
Outsourced Product Development
• Neev helped a global online photo sharing and printing services provider promote
their brand and acquire new customers through Facebook.
• Neev was able to connect to the target segment, increase fan base, drive traffic to
the website, listen to conversations about the brand, appreciate brand evangelists,
answer queries, provide customer support, generate leads and boost online sales.
• Discounts and offers were provided on the page especially for occasions like
• A Facebook Application was also developed to increase the fan base and boost
A Social App to Provide Customer Service and Engagement for a
Global Online Photo Service Provider
• Started in 2004, Snapfish by HP is a leading and the fastest growing online photo
service with a worldwide presence, with more than 95 million members and more
than 2 billion unique photos stored online.
• Snapfish enables members to share, print and store photo memories securely
online. It offers prints and personalized photo products at the best value on the
• Snapfish was started with a mission to help people preserve, enjoy and make the
most of their memories and at the same time provide the best value in
• Snapfish is a division of Hewlett Packard, a global giant in technology.
• The client, Snapfish wanted to increase brand awareness and customer base in
India and Singapore markets.
• The objective was to reach out to its audience, connect with them, extensively
market their services and increase client interaction.
• Snapfish’s revenue is mostly generated online , it wanted to boost its online
presence and have region-specific promotions in India and Singapore.
Business Need Page -1
• The primary objectives were to:
• Promote website and market products
• Drive traffic to their website
• Increase fan base
• Connect with new clients
• Build a community
• Build loyalty through meaningful engagement
• Provide customer support
• Boost online sales
The objectives had to be achieved within the monthly budget allocated by the client.
Business Need Page - 2
• Neev chose to leverage Facebook to meet the client’s business objectives since Facebook
provides the perfect opportunity to reach out to a maximum number of people, quickly
and economically. Two separate Facebook pages were created for Snapfish India and
• Neev appointed a dedicated media analyst who was responsible for SnapFish’s fan pages
for India and Singapore. The analyst was responsible for all client engagement on the page
and also provided customer support.
• Neev initially conducted Market Research through opinion polls to know the brand
perception and accordingly devised a social media strategy around Facebook to cater to
client’s requirements. The solution was multi-pronged.
Neev Solution Page - 1
The measures followed to achieve the business objectives were:
• Neev, through regular market research, identified the most favourite and the least favourite
product among customers. Promotions like offering discounts, freebies, etc were conducted for
festivals and new product launches.
• A social application was built to increase the number of ‘likes’ and boost sales. Visitors were
asked to ‘like’ the client’s page to avail an offer. Upon ‘liking’ the page, the visitor was provided a
coupon code using which the offer could be redeemed.
Neev Solution Page - 2
• Listening and responding to what people are saying in the open – Neev searched with the
client’s name (e.g.: Snapfish India) and responded to the search results. This also helped
in identifying and responding to brand evangelists and answer queries about the
Snapfish’s products and services.
• Creating a vibrant social environment – the logo on the page was rotated to suit different
occasions. A participatory environment was created on the Facebook page of the client.
• Client engagement – the visitors to the page were encouraged to visit the page more
often and stay longer on the page by offering deals, regular discounts and offers, posting
photography tips, conducting photo contests, having question and answer activities,
posting greetings and other regional content, and conducting catchy and interesting
• Customer support – Facebook was made an active customer support channel. An online
customer support application form was provided to customers.
Neev Solution Page - 3
• Customer support – Facebook was made an active customer support channel. An online customer
support application form was provided to customers.
Neev Solution Page - 4
• Lead generation – leads were generated by sharing offers amongst fans who in turn spread
interesting offers in their network.
Neev Solution Page - 5
A thread leads to
an order for 2,500
A dot com business owner
seeks an alliance
• Facebook advertisements – by targeting the right audience and connecting with over 800 million potential
customers, Neev was able to not only acquire customers but also increase brand awareness among the
target audience. The prospective customers were segmented based on various different parameters like
interest, age, educational background, marital status, gender and location. Different messages were used
to communicate to each individual segment.
• Budgets were allocated for each campaign and campaigns were planned for keeping the budgetary
allocation in mind.
• As a result, within the first 10 days, Neev was able to garner 2411 hits, 137 registrations and 7 new
transactions through the Snapfish India Facebook page.
• The cost of new customer acquisition was less than USD 3.00. During the two years of its engagement with
the client, Neev was able to grow the Snapfish India Facebook fan base to 32329 and the Snapfish
Singapore Facebook fan base to 5057.
Neev Solution Page - 6
Estimate: 2,260 people
who live in India
age 24 and older
whose birthday is today
who live in India
age 18 and older
who are male
who are married
• Social media strategy aided by market research to understand brand
• A Social App built to increase customer base and boost sales.
• Social listening – listening to conversations about Snapfish and responding
to them by answering queries and appreciating brand evangelists.
• An online customer support application form for customers.
• Lead generation through social sharing of offers.
• Targeted advertisements through the use of social graph.
• Strategies formulated and campaigns planned to accommodate budgetary
• The primary challenge was to come up with innovative ideas for Snapfish’s users
to keep them engaged
• To plan and execute marketing and promotional activities on a monthly basis while
ensuring they fit into the budgetary boundaries of the client.