2. Magento eCommerce
Video Streaming Portals
Rich Internet Apps
250+ team with experience in
managing offshore, distributed
Neev Technologies established
in Jan ’05
VC Funding in 2009 By Basil
Part of Publicis Groupe
Member of NASSCOM.
Development Centers in
Bangalore and Pune.
Bangalore, USA, Delhi, Pune, S
ingapore and Stockholm.
Key Company Highlights
Windows Phone 7
User Interface Design and User Experience Design
Performance Consulting Practices
Quality Assurance & Testing
AWS Consulting Partner
Google App Engine
Outsourced Product Development
3. Why build Applications on .Net?
• Microsoft provides an ecosystem of products which acts as an one-stop-shop for everything
.Net. This aids quick and easy development due to the availability of a wide range of tools.
• Due to a fast time-to-market, .Net generally aids quick development, provides less turnaround
time and quick returns.
• A vast .Net talent pool that is abundantly available. It is also relatively easy to train talent
when it comes to .Net.
• .Net tools, frameworks and libraries are easy to use and aid easy development, support and
maintenance of applications.
• It is the technology of choice for all enterprises and provides flexibility in delivery models.
• Legacy technologies capability – portability, inter-operability.
• Ability to model complex problems – class modeling.
4. Why Neev for .Net?
• Neev has been working on .Net projects since inception.
• Neev has charted many .Net success stories from large scale eCommerce applications to
healthcare applications and web applications developed using ASP.Net.
• We work on various flavors of ASP.Net to create web applications such as ASP.Net Web
Forms and ASP.Net MVC.
• Neev has expertise in developing and migrating MVC applications which is touted to be the
future of ASP.Net web applications.
• Neev has developed many windows applications from thick clients to background services
• Neev has effectively used open source repositories such as TFS, SVN and GIT for
collaborative software development projects.
5. .Net-based Service Offerings from Neev
Application Maintenance – For Web, Windows and SaaS
Custom Application Development – For Web, Windows and SaaS
Plugin Development for Internet Explorer– Runtime SharePoint
Application integration like BizTalk Payment Gateway, Sitecore Integration, etc.
Windows Mobile Application and Gaming Application Development
Windows XBOX development (with and without Kinect)
Development of CMS Applications using Dotnet Nuke, Site Core, EPIServer
6. .Net-based Technologies @ Neev
ASP . Net
ASP. Net MVC 4
Linq – Language Integrated Query
Team Foundation Server (TFS)
Internet Explorer Plugins
Windows Communication Foundation (WCF)
SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS)
SQL Server Integration Services (SSRS)
Team Foundation Server
7. Case Study 1: A Mobile-based Ad-Serving Platform
About Client: InMobi, formerly mKhoj, was conceptualized by a team of young entrepreneurs and has
grown by leaps and bounds since then. Their advanced technology enable advertisers to discover their
target audience on mobile internet sites in a measurable manner.
Business Challenge: Neev was the complete technology partner for mKhoj. InMobi approached Neev
to develop the first version of their ad serving platform. They required an application that can handle a
huge flow of traffic and were looking for a solution that provides an ideal trade-off between scalability
and cost effectiveness. The application also required to have a rich user interface.
Solution: Neev developed the first version of InMobi and worked on subsequent enhancements. We
made use of the .Net framework and Enterprise DB implementing an algorithm that mimics Google
AdSense on the WAP delivery front. Neev also developed WAP/WML based mobile websites for
InMobi’s partners. Publishers can leverage the capability of the application to serve contextual ads to
the users of their sites.
Top Features and Challenges:
• Publishers can leverage the capability to serve contextual ads to the users of their sites, thereby
increasing the value of their mobile property.
• Serving thousands of ads and scaling up and maintaining the performance of the application.
• Identifying and picking up the right ad to display from their ad inventory to suit the form factor of
8. Case Study 1: A Mobile-based Ad-Serving Platform
• Enterprise DB
9. Case Study 2: A Web-based Finance and Insurance (F&I) Application
About Client: The client specializes in providing solutions and services centered on Microsoft Dynamics
AX ERP solution. The client has a global presence. The application was built for a customer of the client.
Business Challenge: While the client customized Microsoft Dynamics AX for a Dealer Management
System (DMS), Neev was required to build the web-portal connected to this DMS through Web
Services. Customer facing associates who were the end-users of the application needed a touch-Based
Interaction and a rich user experience. The requirements included a Windows Metro style UI, ability to
scale, ability to integrate with external systems, a Cloud-based system and the ability to handle single
or multiple dealer outlets.
Solution: Neev handled the complete Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) for the solution
including UI/UX design. By analyzing the data, implementing caching techniques and optimizing the
code, Neev achieved the desired response times even on a standard technology stack. The
development was done using Agile methodologies. The modular architecture enabled the system to
be integrated with external systems and also handle single/multiple outlets. Authorization and
authentication was done using LDAP and ADS. The backend integration was handled via Web Services
and BizTalk server.
Top Features and Challenges:
•A Web-enabled solution minimizing client deployment issues
•Touch-enabled solution with a response time of less than 4 seconds.
•Integration with existing external systems.
•A game-changing technology-led application that makes the client a pioneer in the market.
•A modular solution that enables extensions.
10. Case Study 2: A Web-based Finance and Insurance (F&I) Application
• .Net MVC4
• Web Services
• BizTalk Server
• Team Foundation Server
11. Case Study 3: Building PulseGRC – A Risk Assessment Software
About Client: Audit & Risk Software Solutions Ltd (ARSoft), the company behind PulseGRC was founded
in 2009 and has offices in the United Kingdom and India. They have over 50 years of experience in
risk, control, and audit, product development and support.
Business Challenge: The client wanted a technology partner who would assist them with the
implementation of a complete suite of tools for Risk Management aptly called ‘PulseGRC’. They did not
want to compromise on user friendliness and the ease of understanding the business flow and
Solution: Neev helped the client in deciding whether the final software must be based on an On-
Demand or an in-Premise model. ARSoft also chose ASP.NET to develop the SaaS application, which
was a relatively new experience for Neev. Apart from product development, Neev performed
functional Quality Assurance and Testing activities. The UI was designed to aid the decision making
process. Neev brought in years of expertise to make the final product more user friendly and easier to
Top Features and Challenges:
• PulseGRC automates key risk processes. Workflows are based around risk processes such as Risk
Identification and Risk Acceptance. PulseGRC tracks responsibilities, is secure and scalable.
• It was also necessary to migrate the code between databases, for which Hibernate was used.
• We had previously implemented SaaS applications using only Java and ROR (Ruby on Rails).
Hence, using ASP.NET for implementing the same was a new experience.
12. Case Study 3: Building PulseGRC – A Risk Assessment Software
• Windows Server 2008
• .NET 3.5 And C#
• SQL Server 2008
• IIS 6
13. Case Study 4: Building a .Net-based Form Builder
About Client: Talisma Corporation Pvt. Ltd., a wholly owned subsidiary of Campus
Management Corporation, is a leading provider of Constituent Relationship Management
(CRM) software. Headquartered in Boca Raton, Florida, Talisma has a presence across India
and the UK.
Solution: To build a web-based interface which would allow the admin to customize the UI by
specifying positions for controls. Generate XML that adds details of customization via the WCF
framework. Generate XSLT using the customized XML which reflect the customized UI.
• Custom XSL had to be built with more than 5000 lines of code.
• Knowledge of XSLT and rendering the customization on the fly.
• Positioning of the label and control in Talisma portal and administering from a Facebook
application was a challenge.
• Infrastructure challenges.
Business Challenge: The current version of form builder that the client uses does not support
the administrators to customize the UI. Hence, by default, all controls are positioned in
sequential order one below the other. The client required a tool that administrators could use
to customize and build forms with the UI they wish to implement.
14. Case Study 4: Building a .Net-based Form Builder
• . Asp.Net 4.0
• Entity Framework
• SQL Server 2008
15. Case Study 5: Website Re-engineering for Performance Optimization
About Client: Founded in the year 1979 in Atlanta, USA, KEH is the world’s largest dealer of used
photographic (digital and film) products with a selection of over 60,000 items that matches every taste
Business Challenge: The client’s eCommerce site had performance and security issues causing delays
and outages that impacted sales and traffic. Also, shipping computations like estimated delivery date
with FedEx API integration, implementation of promotions and use of promo code had to be
Solution: Neev handled the project end-to-end. Inbuilt design patterns that exist in .NET framework
were utilized. User experience and usability were greatly improved. Integration was handled via web
services. Stored procedures were used to process the data in the backend and XML files were used for
bulk data exporting. For effective exception handling, NHibernate was replaced with ADO.NET and
LINQ in some key areas like that of order processing. Metrics to gauge use of promo code and online
returns system that tracks returned goods were provided.
Top Features and Challenges:
• Product selection based on product grade
• Code revamp
• Cloud migration
• Integration of FedEx API for computations
• Accurate estimation of shipping delivery dates.
16. Technology Stack:
• .Net 4.0
• Integration of third party services like Clear Commerce, FedEx API and Paypal.
Case Study 5: Website Re-engineering for Performance Optimization
17. Case Study 6: A Statistical model-based Logistics Cost Estimator
About Client: Chainalytics is a global leader in providing services in the areas of supply chain
consulting, market intelligence and analytics. Chainalytics helps companies transform their supply
chains. They have a presence across North America, Europe and Asia.
Business Challenge: A business when looking at sourcing events needs various metrics to enable it to
decide on the costs it could incur and also an understanding of the current market trends in logistics.
This very need was catered to by the implementation of the Model-based Benchmarking model for the
client’s existing application by Neev.
Solution: Neev deployed this model in adherence to all set NFRs. Inbuilt design patterns that exist in
.NET framework were used. UI/ UX was detailed out and created. Neev built a web portal that enabled
visitors to use the rate estimator. The rate estimator built by us has two forms – Batch and Real Time.
The Batch Estimator can execute varied lane data in high volumes. The data is input through an excel
sheet and processed in batches, generating a combined result at the end. The Real Time Estimator can
process data one at a time. This is useful in verifying metrics for a particular lane or a combination of
input parameters. Stored procedures were used to expedite back-end data processing and the result
was displayed as CSV files. WCF and REST services were also employed.
Top Features and Challenges:
• Real time data processing - Large volumes of user uploaded data is processed in batches to produce
results almost immediately.
• Implementation of LINQ and SQL bulk upload which were used to upload large volumes of records
into the database in one go.
18. Technology Stack:
• .NET 3.5
• HTML, CSS
• SQL server
• WCF & REST service
Case Study 6: A Statistical model-based Logistics Cost Estimator
19. • End-to-end consultative approach for software solutions through needs
assessment, process consulting and strategic advice.
• Internal QMS are ISO 9001-2008 certified and CMM level-3 compliant.
• Continuous process and service level improvements through deployment of best-of-
breed processes and technologies.
• International Standards and best practices on Project Management including PMI, ISO
• Proven EDC Model of delivery to provide predictable results.
• Scrum based Agile development methodology.
The Neev Edge
22. India - Bangalore
The Estate, # 121,6th Floor,
Phone :+91 80 25594416
Neev Information Technologies Pvt. Ltd. email@example.com
India - Pune
#13 L’Square, 3rd Floor
Parihar Chowk, Aundh,
Pune – 411007.
Phone : +91-64103338
For more info on our offerings, visit www.neevtech.com