2. About Neev
Adobe Marketing Cloud
Key Company Highlights
300+ team with experience
in managing offshore,
established in Jan ’05
VC Funding in 2009 By
Part of Publicis Groupe
Hybris and Adobe CQ
centers of Excellence
Offices at Bangalore,
Gurgaon, Pune, Mumbai
Member of NASSCOM
Google Cloud Platform
Digital Marketing, CRM, Analytics (Omni-Channel)
User Interface Design and User Experience Design
Performance Consulting Practices
Quality Assurance & Testing
Outsourced Product Development
Click here to know more about us
3. Why Neev for mobile application development?
• Our vast expertise in complete mobile application development process:
– Technologies – Android, iOS, PhoneGap etc
– Testing – test automation, build automation and performance testing
• We have developed applications across several industry domains spanning Travel,
Automobile, Gaming, Educational, Entertainment, Media, Finance, Retail, Gaming,
Entertainment, Media etc
• Our UI/ UX capabilities - graphic design, interaction design and front end development
(HTML5, CSS3 based responsive designs) enable us create applications that engage the
customer with a contemporary gripping interface
• We use the latest tools for mobile testing Redmine, Robotium, JUnit, BugZilla, SVN etc
• We follow industry standards and best practices throughout SDLC to manage challenges
like device diversity, OS fragmentation and network environment
4. Why Neev for mobile application development?
Neev chosen among the top 12 iOS developers in India by ContractIQ,
an online community for custom mobile app development agencies
and their works.
5. Off-shore outsourcing is often said to
be risky business at best - major
quality issues and endless struggles
to make the development team to
understand and accept the
requirements. Add to this the
language barrier with a client that
doesn't have English as first language
and no full-time project team in
To our surprise, this was never an
Our Expertise in Mobile Technology
What we can develop?
Web Services Integration
Mobile Testing – Test Management/Automation, Build
Automation, Performance Testing
6. Neev Mobility Competencies at a Glance
Competencies Android iOS
Domains worked on
Travel, Automobile, Gaming, Educational,
Finance, Retail, Gaming, Entertainment, Media
Language Java Objective C
SDK Android SDK iOS SDK 6.0, 7.0
IDE Eclipse XCode 4.5
Maps OSMAnd, Google Maps MapKit Framework
Physics Engine JBox 2D,Box 2D Cocos2D, Box 2D, Cocos2DX, Bullet 3D
Push Notifications C2DM, GCM, Urban Airship Apple Push Notification Service, Urban Airship
Social Gaming Network OpenFeint, GameCenter OpenFeint, GameCenter
Analytics Google Analytics, Flurry Google Analytics, Flurry
Social Media Integration
FaceBook, Twitter, FourSquare, Tumblr,
Google Plus, Janrain
FaceBook, Twitter, FourSquare, Tumblr, Google
Plus, LinkedIn, Janrain
Ad Integration AdMob AdMob, iAD
Testing JUNIT, Robotium, Perfecto Mobile Test Flight, Monkey Talk
Graphics Library OpenGL OpenGL
Database/Data Mgmt. SQL-Lite DB, Couch DB Core Data, FMDB Framework, SQLlite
Build Automation Hudson, HockeyApp Hudson, HockeyApp
7. Neev Mobility Competencies at a Glance (Contd..)
Competencies Android iOS
Performance MAT Tool(Memory Analyzer Tool), Little Eye Memory Profiling, Time Profiling
Web Service Parser Jackson, SAX Parser SOAP Services, REST
Augmented Reality Wikitude -
Security Proguard AES Algorithm
Enmia Listener, GPS Native, New Google Location
Code Review Tool Sonar, Lint -
Object Relational Mapping Framework ORM Lite -
JSON Marshalling - KVC Framework, Mantle
Crash Reporting Tool Crashlytics Crashlytics
Java to Object C Translation - j2objc Tool
OpenAL Framework(For Audio/Sound), AV
3D Game Engine - Ogre 3D
Networking Framework - MKNetworkKit, ASIHTTPS, NSConnection
Cocoa Framework - Core Plot/CoreLocation/CoreImage Frameworks
OCR Scanner Abbyy Abbyy
Card Reader iMagPro
11. Tools / Technologies Used for Testing in Mobile Projects
QA Activity Tools Used
Test Management Redmine, testlink
Test Automation Tools Robotium, Appium, monkeyrunner
Unit Testing Frameworks JUnit, OCUnit
Issue Tracking BugZilla, JIRA, Trac
Code Management SVN, Git
Build Automation Hudson, Ant
Performance Test Tool Apache JMeter, LoadRunner, memory
profiling through xcode
12. Key Challenges & Best Practices for Mobile Testing
Best practices followed
•Write unit test cases
•Early testing using emulators
•Create acceptance environment by prioritizing the target OS & devices
•Create automated test scripts for smoke & regression testing
•Use of paid services such as “deviceanywhere”
•Create continuous integration system
•Perform testing using various devices
•Perform testing using WiFi, 3G network
•Perform usability testing
•Perform security testing
•Perform random testing
13. Cloud-based Testing for Tripflick
• 'TripFlick' is a Singapore-based tourist information
services company aspiring to become a global leader
in the information services market for the tourism
• Perfecto Mobile is a global provider of cloud-based
testing, automation and monitoring solutions for
mobile applications and websites utilizing a wide
selection of REAL and emulated mobile devices.
• The mobile market is extremely fragmented and
dynamic. At any given moment, there are dozens of
devices which are relevant to the target market.
Thus, we had to test on a number of devices.
• Neev utilized services of Perfecto Mobile for its
client 'TripFlick' to ensure the quality of their mobile
application before launching it to customers.
• Neev has Integrated services of Perfecto mobile for
'TripFlick' and has tested Tripflick app in 30+ Devices.
16. Order Management App – Hershey’s
• Hershey’s is the largest chocolate manufacturer in
North America. Neev delivered an innovative mobile-based
solution for Hershey’s Mexico.
• Neev transformed a slow, paper-based order-taking
process for Hershey’s Mexico into a quick and easy
mobile-based system which drastically improved the
productivity of field salesmen and made the order
management process highly responsive and efficient.
• In Hershey’s Mexico, sales people used to collect
orders for new sales on paper. This led to a long
turnaround time. Besides, sales people could not
carry laptops as there was a high risk of laptops
getting stolen. Hershey’s needed a mobile application
for taking and tracking orders that would run
perfectly on Blackberry and iPhone devices.
• The solution had the core features of a web-based
order management system that could run perfectly
on Blackberry and iPhone browsers. Neev developed
the UI for the mobile website.
• The mobile website works on Blackberry and iPhone
17. An App for Cab Drivers – Taxi For Sure
• TaxiForSure.com is an aggregator of car rentals
and taxis in India. They work with various taxi
operators and enable them with technology to
ensure that customers get an easily accessible,
safe, reliable taxi ride ‘for sure’
• The Android mobile App was built to
communicate the cab location and availability
to the central server. It also provided a two-way
interactive platform to communicate
trip/booking details from server to every cab
and commit pick-ups.
• Some of the features built in the app include:
Authentication, location and route tracking,
navigation, metering, Pick-up or rejection
confirmations, Pushing jobs from back-end
servers to the device.
• Node.js was used for server side scripting.
18. Sales force App for Mighty Auto Parts
• Mighty Auto Parts has a large
network of distributors spread
• The Android app is an user
friendly mobile app for use by its
• Offline capability to work
seamlessly in low signal strength
zones as well.
• Search capabilities.
• Backend ERP integration to pull
and push live inventory data.
19. Data Visualization App for a Global Consumer IT Services Company
• The client is one of India’s largest BPOs
serving many Fortune-1000 companies.
• The iPad app is a bird’s eye view of the
statistics of day-to-day operations
targeted at the client’s senior
• Statistics are built in a compact way
with a feature of blowing the graphs to
view the finer details.
• Easy scrolling across graphs and
• Entire UI/UX including graphical
presentation is created for iPad
20. Data Collection App for Ashoka
• Ashoka is world’s leading association of social
entrepreneurs who bring innovative solutions to
• The main challenges of organizing a survey are
veracity of data, digitizing the responses, survey
organizers skipping questions, changing survey
questions and distributing the new sheets in remote
areas, delay in digitizing and analyzing the results.
• Veracity of data is ensured by geo-location and
pictures. Survey creators have control of the
questionnaire and mandatory question cannot be
skipped. Questionnaire can also be changed
frequently and published. The new questionnaire is
reflected in devices within seconds across the
distributed network. The responses when submitted
are stored immediately in the database avoiding any
delay, and analysis is provided in near real-time.
Any loss of data or typos while digitizing are avoided
as responses are collected and submitted digitally.
22. Stock Market Data Visualization App - Infocast
• Infocast is HongKong’s biggest financial information
services company with customers spread across
• A crisp but explicit way to depict complex data sets
of real-time stock prices was needed. The app
depicts the info in a planetary model, with the Hang
Seng Index as the sun. The planet which revolve in
different orbits represent individual stocks. The orbit
itself indicates the percentage change in the stock
value while the color of the planet indicates a
positive (green), neutral (yellow) and negative (red)
• Users can create a watch list of stocks to be viewed.
• The information can be viewed in multi-languages.
Currently an option of English or Mandarin Language
23. Travel and Information guide App - Tripflick
• TripFlick is a Singapore-based tourist information
services company. The application consists of: A web
portal for their users with the capability of
registering and finding information on the points of
interest (POI) in Singapore (to help them plan their
trip) and an android application to plan their trip via
a mobile device. Both web and android app are
• The app is designed such that it works in offline
mode and leads to huge savings in data transfer
charges while the mobile service is on international
• Geo-localized recommendations are made to the
customer on places of interest around him based on
customer’s current location, opening/closing hours
of a place of interest, etc.
• Map view with dynamic routing and voice
• Playstore Link
25. Android SDK for NAVTEQ
• NAVTEQ is a company promoted by Nokia
for creating digital maps and map content for
navigation and location-based solutions.
• Neev has developed the NAVTEQ SDK kit to give
access to users to develop and integrate mapping
applications using NAVTEQ data. An API that
supports the display of map images and user
interaction with the map images was also built.
• Due to limited memory on an Android device, one
of the challenge was to handle multiple image tiles
that form the Map of the screen. So data
optimization was done to overcome this. Another
challenge was to avoid constant garbage collection,
as garbage collection freezes the UI for a few
hundred milliseconds. This was overcome by
creating pools of reusable objects to prevent
frequent GC and also to keep number of bitmaps
being handled within the device’s memory limits.
26. Android SDK for Appbattler
• Appbattler provides a platform for gamers to
socialize, throw challenges and battle out to
win prizes. Game developers can integrate
this platform into their games to augment
users and revenues.
• Neev has developed the SDK to be integrated
by the game developers/publishers into their
• Some of the basic features of SDK include
registration, follow on social media, news,
profile and account features. Apart from this
users can also throw and participate
challenges, search challenges/ users/ games,
chat/socialize with other gamers, view
• Playstore Link
27. iOS SDK for a Global Mobile Advertising Network
• The client is an ad-content aggregator. The
SDK integrates the ad-content publishing
platform with apps and games for
• Some of the features of SDK include:
Support Text Ads; Support Banner Ads with
three standard image sizes; Image resizing
for non-standard sizes; Rotate each
response ads at regular interval of
20seconds/ad (max three ads will be
received as response ads from server); Ads
can be placed in three positions Top,
Middle and Bottom and only horizontal
positions were supported; On clicking the
Ad, redirect the page to the Ad page (SDK
will not have control after re-directing)
29. Kangaroo Riley
• 3D Chase game on iPad
• 30-Level game with
animation of ten
• Animation was on Ogre
• Memory optimization
techniques applied for
controlling generation and
destruction of objects at
30. Parking Frenzy for Games2Win
• Built on Android & iOS
• Player has to park the car in
the proper slot.
• 15 Levels of game was built.
• More than 10 million
installations on iOS and 5
million installations on
• #1 Top free app for multiple
countries in iTunes
• iTunes Link
• Playstore Link
32. Comparison between Native and Hybrid (PhoneGap) Apps
• The scope of a native App is based on the device OS and can use all features of
• Programmers can control the UI without compromising on aspects like
performance, battery drain, etc.
• It is easier to create enhancements for native Apps. However, Native Apps can
only be developed by highly-skilled developers.
• Native Apps can only be built using a specific App development language
supported by the device APIs. For e.g.: Objective C for iOS, Java for Android.
• Since PhoneGap-based Hybrid development uses web technologies like
App development cost across multiple mobile OS is lesser than the cost for
native App development.
• A PhoneGap-based Hybrid App can be built by a web designer with a short
34. Why use PhoneGap/Cordova? What are the Applications?
• Write once, run on multiple platforms
• Extend functionality using native plugins
• Cloud based build system (Phonegap Build)
• Uniform design across platforms using a framework like Bootstrap
• Native look and feel available using a framework like steroids.js
• Access to all device capabilities.
35. Why Neev for PhoneGap/Cordova?
jQuery among others.
• The expertise of Neev on frontend technologies such as HTML5 and
An Augmented Reality-based remoteless car
Motion detection in JS for Gesture-based Interaction
36. Case Study 1: An Advance Survey App for a Client
We have implemented an advanced survey app for a client using PhoneGap
with the following capabilities:
• Encrypted database
• Automatic data deletion using Push messages
• Fast loading and searches using batch and filters
• Photo capture and QR code scanner
• Geo-location updates
• Metro UI look and feel
37. Case Study 2: An Online Classroom with Chat and Streaming Capabilities
About the client: Gateforum, a leading player in GATE preparatory market, has a presence in
over 45 cities in different parts of India. Gateforum offers coaching for GATE and PSU exams
through classroom sessions, correspondence courses and lessons on DVD.
Business Challenge: The client required an application that provides students the flexibility to
attend online classroom sessions from any place rather than sitting in front of a desktop. The
application had to function smoothly on a range of Android devices and tablets and also on
different versions of Android. It had to stream video to even low-end devices despite their
lower processing power and limited memory capacities.
Solution: Neev developed an application, eGate, using streaming server integrations and
HTML5 player. Before developing the application, a thorough evaluation was done between
native applications and hybrid applications. Standard MVC design patterns were used for
AngularJS. Neev also designed and developed the UI for the App. The application has a single
code base that can be wrapped on to both iPhone and Android.
Top Features and Challenges:
•It displays a day-to-day course schedule with date and subject name.
•A text-based live chat facility through which students can discuss doubts with professors.
•A hybrid application that saves costs for Gateforum.
•Streaming videos to low-end devices caused concerns with the bit rate.
•Making the application function on devices with flash and also devices without flash.
38. Case Study 2: An Online Classroom with Chat and Streaming Capabilities
In the News:
39. Case Study 3: A HTML5-based App for Customer Feedback Collection
About the client: The client is a startup based in Dubai. It aims to serve the Hotels and
Restaurants industry by digitizing the process of obtaining feedback from customers.
Business Challenge: The client required an on-the-go solution to realize their vision of
digitizing the Customer Feedback process for Hotels and Restaurant industry through which
restaurant goers could provide instant feedback. The solution was required to have a light
front-end and scalable back-end. It was required to work on all modern day mobile browsers.
Solution: Neev’s on-the-go solution was a HTML5-based hybrid Smartphone application.
Before the start of the project, an evaluation was carried out on choices available between
native and hybrid applications. Automated build deploys. Cucumber scripts were used to
automate the testing of the web services. The architecture with JSON and Angular provided a
scalable backend. The application consists of a single page web service driven architecture.
Neev undertook the full software development lifecycle (SDLC) for the application.
Top Features and Challenges:
• A complete Angular JS front-end with JQuery mobile.Web services, Continuous Integration.
• A platform that helps restaurants and customers (front-end users) provide and manage
feedback. Usage of JSON-based REST web services.
• Having a single controller for all the 3 sub-applications – a dashboard app, tablet app and
40. Case Study 3: A HTML5-based App for Customer Feedback Collection
• Angular JS
• JQuery mobile
• Ruby On Rails (ROR)
41. Case Study 4 : Mobile forum to raise, discuss & address social issues
About the client: A group of social enthusiasts who united to bridge the gap between political
leaders and masses using technology to raise concerns across both online and offline
Business Challenge: The client required a mobile application that allowed a user to register on
an online system, mobilize people for a cause using his phone’s contact list, volunteer for the
group/ cause, publish ideas for social change and also organize offline meet ups for like
Solution: Neev developed a cross platform application using PhoneGap to cater to this need.
Groovy on Grails was used in the development. UI/ UX design and server side code were also
created as part of the engagement. Social integration allowed the users to connect/ follow
their leaders on Facebook and twitter. Google Cloud Messaging for Android and Apple Push
Notifications Service for iOS were used for push notifications.
Top Features and Challenges:
•Invite friends from phone contact list, capture these contact details
•Promotions/ Updates from the admin were delivered to mobile handsets
•Create offline events/ meet-ups
•Discussion forum to raise issues and publish comments
42. What Neev Mobility Clients think about our work?
" Neev has been our valued partner in the area of
Mobile Platform development (iOS - iPhone &
iPad) for nearly 1 year. I appreciate working with
the team at Neev because they are very open to
different ideas, different approaches and they are
always willing to go the extra mile to
accommodate our unique needs for Hong Kong
finance trading environment."
Director, Infocast, Hong Kong
“I would like to thank you for having supported
us this far in the survey initiative. Thanks for all
the help, and will look forward to working with
you in other engagements!.”
Senior Institution Builder - Ashoka
“Working with Neev for this project was a very good
experience. I am happy with the result, the quality
of the work, and the quality of the people! Thanks
so much for your help in making this very
IT Director, Mighty Auto Parts, USA
“We would like to share this moment of success
with you today. Parking Frenzy is now No. 1 app on
US overall Top charts. It is also No.1 in the overall
categories ( including games, sports and racing) in
Canada, France and UAE and growing. Thank you
very much for your support in developing this game
Publishing Head, Games2Win