2. Magento eCommerce
Video Streaming Portals
Rich Internet Apps
250+ team with experience in
established in Jan ’05
VC Funding in 2009 By Basil
Part of Publicis Groupe
Member of NASSCOM.
Development Centers in
Bangalore and Pune.
Offices at Bangalore, USA,
Delhi, Pune, Singapore and
Key Company Highlights
Windows Phone 7
User Interface Design and User Experience Design
Performance Consulting Practices
Quality Assurance & Testing
AWS Consulting Partner
Google App Engine
Outsourced Product Development
9. • Internet-scale, world-class infrastructure that benefits from the same engineering
expertise that has built Amazon into the world’s largest online retailer. Proprietary
DDoS mitigation techniques are used.
• Standard DDoS mitigation techniques such as sync cookies and connection limiting
are also used. To further mitigate the effect of potential DDoS attacks, Amazon
maintains internal bandwidth which exceeds its provider-supplied Internet
• Protection against Man In the Middle (MITM) Attacks, IP Spoofing, Port Scanning
and Packet Sniffing.
• Amazon EC2 provides a complete firewall solution; this mandatory inbound firewall
is configured in a default deny-all mode and Amazon EC2 customers must explicitly
open the ports needed to allow inbound traffic.
• Options for secure data upload/download and encryption of data at rest (on S3).
Security on AWS
10. • Fault Separation - place instances and store data in multiple locations.
• Auto-scaling policies to keep your application running.
• Automatic database replication and fail-over with RDS.
• S3 - Designed to provide 99.999999999% durability and 99.99% availability
of objects over a given year.
11. • Elastic Load Balancer - automatically scales its request handling capacity in
response to incoming application traffic.
• Auto-scale instances to optimize costs and handle load.
• Multiple instance types and quick upgrades/downgrades within minutes – 1
virtual core 1.7 GB memory instance up to 8 virtual cores 68 GB memory
• S3 – Store unlimited objects containing from 1 byte to 5 terabytes of data
12. • HA Architecture.
• REST services and use of AWS APIs for managing workflows, handling cloud-based queues.
• Example Scenario: Running zero servers during zero work-load demand and automatically
launching servers based on the tasks in the queue.
• Control panels for environment control.
• Example Scenario: Shutdown a demo or staging environment during periods of non-use
and quickly bring up the entire environment within minutes at the press of a button.
• Traffic & Time based Auto-scaling.
• Example Scenario: Scale-down instances during known periods of low-traffic such as night
time or weekends.
• Services for automated deployments.
• Use of S3 and CloudFront (CDN) for content delivery.
• Eucalyptus & OpenStack for Private Clouds.
Engineering Cloud Apps
13. App Servers (EC2)
DB Master Server (RDS)
DB - Multi-AZ or Read-
Typical Cloud Architecture with AWS