Video Streaming Portals
Rich Internet Apps
Windows Phone 7
AWS Consulting Partner
Google App Engine
Key Company Highlights
250+ team with experience in
managing offshore, distributed
Neev Technologies established
in Jan ’05
VC Funding in 2009 By Basil
User Interface Design and User Experience Design
Part of Publicis Groupe
Member of NASSCOM.
Performance Consulting Practices
Quality Assurance & Testing
Outsourced Product Development
Development Centers in
Bangalore and Pune.
Bangalore, USA, Delhi, Pune, S
ingapore and Stockholm.
• On-demand, elastic, scale-out and scale-down infrastructure model
to match IT costs with real-time customer traffic patterns.
• Utility-style pricing model with multiple payment options such as
'Pay as you go', 'Pay less with reservation', 'Bidding for unused
• Fault separation, auto-scaling of compute infrastructure, automatic
DB replication and highly durable storage.
• Highly secure facilities and infrastructure, as well as extensive
network and security monitoring systems.
Why Cloud infrastructure Management & Monitoring?
management to ensure continued online presence
• Increased credibility of the application
• Efficient resource management to minimize cost
• Early detection of problems / performance bottlenecks
• Timely backup and fast restoration
What is Monitored?
• Resource consumption (CPU, memory, disk, etc.)
• Application uptime
• Response time of key URLs
• Processes running on the server
How it is Monitored & Managed?
• System resource status collection tools
• Plotted graphically for ease of understanding
• Consolidated in a dashboard
• Weekly evaluation of resource consumption & optimization
• Email alerts at critical threshold for the various metrics monitored
• Critical alerts linked to the phone alert system
• Automatic escalation if critical issue doesn’t get responded/resolved within a certain
• Weekly evaluation of critical alerts and preventive actions
• Report sent to customer with RCA for critical issues
• Multiple backups configured as snapshots stored in S3
• Regular backup verification exercises
Key Advantages of Neev Cloud Services
• Pro-active monitoring with alerts & built-in escalations; not just
• Managed backups and restoration
manageability scripts, software stacks
• Monitoring dashboard including Traffic Patterns, Resource
Consumption, Uptime, RCA, Activity report
• Error monitoring & custom checks
Other Cloud-based Services
• Cloud-based application architecture including REST services and use of AWS
APIs for managing workflows, handling cloud-based queues, etc.
Example Scenario: Running zero servers during zero work-load demand and
automatically launching servers based on the tasks in the queue.
• Control panels for environment control
Example Scenario: Shutdown a demo or staging environment during periods of
non-use and quickly bring up the entire environment within minutes at the press
of a button.
• Traffic & Time based Auto-scaling
Example Scenario: Scale-down instances during known periods of low-traffic such
as night time or weekends.
• Migration of existing applications to cloud
• Services for automated deployments
Reference Web Application Architecture with AWS
Load Balancer (ELB)
App Servers (EC2)
DB Master Server (RDS)
DB Slave Server (RDS)