GateForum - An Online, On-the-go Classroom With Chat and Streaming Capabilities
An Online, On-the-go Classroom With
Chat and Streaming Capabilities
Video Streaming Portals
Rich Internet Apps
250+ team with experience in
managing offshore, distributed
Neev Technologies established
in Jan ’05
VC Funding in 2009 By Basil
Part of Publicis Groupe
Member of NASSCOM.
Development Centers in
Bangalore and Pune.
Bangalore, USA, Delhi, Pune, S
ingapore and Stockholm.
Key Company Highlights
Windows Phone 7
User Interface Design and User Experience Design
Performance Consulting Practices
Quality Assurance & Testing
AWS Consulting Partner
Google App Engine
Outsourced Product Development
• Neev developed an application, eGATE, for a leading player in the
GATE preparatory market that enable students to attend live online
classes from anywhere, on-the-go through their Android devices.
• The students can also clear doubts through an in-built chat feature.
• The application also enables them to catch up on any classes they
missed at a later point of time.
• These recorded videos also act as study material for the students.
• It allows students to view their class schedules as well and take up
online tests through a link to the client website.
An Online, On-the-go Classroom With Chat and Streaming Capabilities
• Gateforum, a leading player in GATE preparatory market, has a presence in
over 45 cities in different parts of India.
• Gateforum offers coaching for GATE and PSU exams through classroom
sessions, correspondence courses and lessons on DVD.
• It offers live daily and weekend classes over the internet through its
• The client required an application that provides students the
flexibility to attend online classroom sessions from any place rather
than sitting in front of a desktop.
• The application had to allow students to access live videos and pre-
recorded videos on demand through video streaming on their
Android devices, chat with professors for doubt discussions and
allow them to view course schedules.
• The application had to function smoothly on a range of Android
devices and tablets and also on different versions of Android.
• It had to stream video to even low-end devices despite their lower
processing power and limited memory capacities.
• Neev developed an application, eGate, using streaming server integrations and HTML5
• Before developing the application, a thorough evaluation was done between native
applications and hybrid applications.
• Standard MVC design patterns were used for AngularJS during application development.
• Neev also designed and developed the user interface for the application.
• The application has a single code base that can be wrapped on to both iPhone and
• The application is accessible across a range of tablets and smartphones.
• Neev ensured that the application streams videos without any issues even on low-end
devices with limited processing power and RAM.
• The application was tested on a range of devices and different versions of Android to
ensure its smooth functioning.
• The application facilitates students to login with their credentials or register online to
access its features.
• When logged in, the application streams live and pre-recorded videos on demand to the
students through the internet.
• It displays a day-to-day course schedule with date and subject name.
• Students can attend online classes on their Android devices.
• A text-based live chat facility through which the students can discuss doubts with
• A hybrid application that saves costs for Gateforum.
• Streaming protocol
• Enable them to take tests online with a link to the client’s website.
• Streaming videos to low-end devices caused concerns with the bit rate.
• Making the application function on devices with flash and also devices
• The application had to function on Android 4.2 and lower versions of Android.
• The application had to be light-weight and universal.