2. About Neev
Video Streaming Portals
Rich Internet Apps
Windows Phone 7
AWS Consulting Partner
Google App Engine
Key Company Highlights
250+ team with experience
in managing offshore,
established in Jan ’05
VC Funding in 2009 By Basil
User Interface Design and User Experience Design
Part of Publicis Groupe
Member of NASSCOM.
Performance Consulting Practices
Quality Assurance & Testing
Outsourced Product Development
Development Centers in
Bangalore and Pune.
Offices at Bangalore, USA,
Delhi, Pune, Singapore and
3. A Custom Monitoring Tool for Video Storage and Delivery Infrastructure
• Neev created a tool to effectively monitor infrastructure usage of
video files generated from IP cameras 24x7 and in real-time which
enabled the client to respond quickly to any non-availability related
4. The Client
• The client is a UK-based provider of innovative home and business security
• They design, manufacture and market a range of wireless internet video
• The video and audio feeds can be accessed live through computers,
smartphones or tablets.
5. Business Need
• The client had a security solution comprising a set of IP cameras that records videos on
detection of motion.
• The captured videos were hosted on the cloud and streamed on-demand – live or
• It was facing issues with high resource (App server) usage, especially in the weekends.
• There was no way of determining the reason behind the spurt in usage.
• The client required a tool that could monitor IP cameras 24/7 and provide accurate,
real-time camera usage statistics for effective infrastructure management.
6. Neev Solution
• Neev developed a solution to figure out the real-time status of IP cameras and
correlate it with a high server usage.
• This was done with a custom monitoring dashboard that fetched real-time data
from a database (SimpleDB) that stores camera statistics and graphically represents
• Neev developed plugins that displayed how many cameras are online and how
many of them are recording at the present time.
7. Top Features
• The client could ensure continuous availability of resources for its customers,
especially on weekends with the help of our 24/7 monitoring tool.
• The tool consisted of a custom dashboard with real-time camera usage data
and graphical representation of the data.
• It has now enabled the client to build infrastructure Auto-scaling capability on
top of the existing infrastructure.
• Neev also provided server and cloud support by manually scaling the
infrastructure and ensuring zero failures.
9. Top Challenges
• To understand the working of an existing system and identifying the real
• To determine a solution to measure the number of cameras that are online,
the number of cameras that are recording video feeds and the number of
cameras that are streaming live.