A Web-Based Automatic Resume Generation Tool on the Cloud for A US-Based Talent Solution Provider
A Web-Based Automatic Resume
Generation Tool on the Cloud
Video Streaming Portals
Rich Internet Apps
Windows Phone 7
AWS Consulting Partner
Google App Engine
Key Company Highlights
250+ team with experience
in managing offshore,
established in Jan ’05
VC Funding in 2009 By Basil
User Interface Design and User Experience Design
Part of Publicis Groupe
Member of NASSCOM.
Performance Consulting Practices
Quality Assurance & Testing
Outsourced Product Development
Development Centers in
Bangalore and Pune.
Offices at Bangalore, USA,
Delhi, Pune, Singapore and
A Web-based Automatic Resume Generation Tool on Cloud
Neev created a web application that caters specifically to US military
It automatically builds resumes in a prescribed format with available inputs
and allows users to download them in a variety of formats and even print
The application has been serving more than one lakh unique users.
• The client is a US-based employment solution provider bridging talent gaps
through innovative cloud technology solutions.
• It enables Governments, job seekers, military personnel, veterans, employers,
industry, educators and students collaborate on a common platform
Governments, job seekers, military personnel, veterans, employers, industry,
educators and students collaborate on a common platform.
• The military personnel and war veterans who returned from wars at
Afghanistan and Iraq found it tough to find civilian jobs.
• Their skills did not match their with the skill-sets required for the jobs
available in the market.
• The client required an innovative solution to help these military personnel
and veterans find a job in the civilian world.
• They were also looking to move to the cloud and take advantage of its cost
• Neev built a web-application called ‘Resume Builder’ that allows job seekers to
effortlessly build their resumes.
• The application maps military job codes to skillsets in the civilian jobs and also
suggests suitable jobs to military personnel.
• The resume builder automatically builds resumes in a specified format in the
background by capturing information entered by the job seekers.
• The application also enables job seekers to dynamically update their resumes, print
their resumes and to download them in a variety of formats including word
document and PDF.
Neev Solution (Contd…)
• A deployment hosting service provider, Engine Yard was created on top of the
AWS platform to deploy the application on cloud.
• Neev also migrated the legacy client server code to the AWS cloud platform
helping the client save costs.
• Neev developed a module for user evaluation called STEM that is responsible
for giving suggestions based on the inputs.
• The application was developed at an Extended Development Centre (EDC)
setup for the client at Neev premises.
• Use of Agile methodology to rapidly develop new features enabled us to deliver the
application within a very short span of time.
• STEM module was rapidly developed and released within 4 weeks.
• Cruise control setup locally for the build.
• Automatic testing of every sprint to facilitate easier ‘automatic regression testing’.
• Migration of cross-domain applications.
• Understanding the existing system and designing an architecture on top of
this system so that the changes do not affect the existing system.
• Creation of a resume by capturing available inputs.
• Enabling resumes to be exported in different formats like word doc, PDF, etc.
• Building secure APIs.