2. Magento eCommerce
Video Streaming Portals
Rich Internet Apps
250+ team with experience in
managing offshore, distributed
Neev Technologies established
in Jan ’05
VC Funding in 2009 By Basil
Part of Publicis Groupe
Member of NASSCOM.
Development Centers in
Bangalore and Pune.
Offices at Bangalore, USA,
Delhi, Pune, Singapore and
Key Company Highlights
Windows Phone 7
User Interface Design and User Experience Design
Performance Consulting Practices
Quality Assurance & Testing
AWS Consulting Partner
Google App Engine
Outsourced Product Development
3. Why Android? - The Global Market for Android
• Currently, 87% of the world’s population uses a
mobile phone and more than a billion people use
• The Android operating system (OS) holds a 70%
market share of smartphones and tablets
globally with more than 700,000 applications
built on the platform.
• IDC, a marketing intelligence and analysis
company, says Android will continue its
dominance in the mobile OS space over the next
4. Different Versions of Android – A break-up
• Among the different Android versions, Jelly bean holds a 28.4 % market share while Ice
Cream Sandwich and Gingerbread have a 27.5% and 38.5% market share respectively.
5. Neev Offerings and Competencies in Android Development
What we can
Jackson, SAX Parser
Enmia Listener, GPS
Native, New Google
Travel, Automobile, Gaming,
SDK Android SDK
Maps OSMAnd, Google Maps
Physics Engine JBox 2D,Box 2D
Analytics Google Analytics, Flurry
FourSquare, Tumblr, Google
Ad Integration AdMob
JUNIT, Robotium, Perfecto
Graphics Library OpenGL
SQL-Lite DB, Couch DB
6. Neev Mobile UI/UX Competencies
Cross Platform : Front-end
HTML5 / XHTML
Google charts, High charts
Axure (for wireframing)
Autodesk Maya (3d)
Adobe Premiere Pro
Adobe After Effects (Videos)
7. Our Expertise in Android Application Development
• Neev has been building Android applications for more than four years.
• With a state-of-the-art development facility, we have developed, tested and deployed over 50 mobile
Software Development Kits (SDKs) :
• We have helped many Independent Software Vendors (ISVs) create SDKs on Android to aid their
application development on the Android platform.
Enterprise Mobility (B2B Applications):
• Decision makers now see that enterprise mobility tools increase productivity, reduce paperwork, and
increase revenue in ways other devices simply cannot.
• Neev has an extensive experience working with high profile clients to develop Android applications
that simplify operations, streamline processes and increase revenues.
8. Our Expertise in Android Application Development
• With an expert UI/UX team, we have a hands-on experience in enriching your gaming experience and
providing the user with maximum entertainment.
Mobile Video Streaming:
• Our mobile video streaming clients are spread across verticals including media and entertainment,
education, social media networking and direct consumer applications.
• We design, build, deploy and maintain applications that are stable and reliable and could work even
on slow internet connections.
10. • We counter the device fragmentation challenge by determining:
The version of Android for which we would be building the application.
The fragmentation of each version.
• We decide on the devices which are commonly used for each of these versions.
• We also take the following factors into consideration:
Form factor and Resolution
Touch/Non-touch based devices
Devices with built-in GPS/no GPS
Handling the Device Fragmentation Challenge
11. • The valuable data provided by our built-in mobile analytics tools enable us to determine the right
mobile platform, identify the source of traffic and measure app performance.
• An Android application developer license allows us to test many devices to ensure the application
performs at its peak on all devices.
• Neev utilizes its extensive experience in performing mobile testing over:
Physical devices that are part of our test lab
Cloud based devices - which allows organizations to streamline processes; perform more tests
on each handset and ensure optimal compatibility of the application, site or service on more
handsets, networks and locations resulting in better quality testing, shorter time-to-market
and overall reduction in costs and logistical efforts.
State-of-the-art Development Facility and Test Lab
12. Case Studies – Enterprise Mobility - An App for Cab Drivers –
Taxi For Sure
• TaxiForSure.com is an aggregator of car rentals
and taxis in India. They work with various taxi
operators and enable them with technology to
ensure that customers get an easily accessible,
safe, reliable taxi ride ‘for sure’.
• The Android mobile App was built to
communicate the cab location and availability
to the central server. It also provided a two-way
interactive platform to communicate
trip/booking details from server to every cab
and commit pick-ups.
• Some of the features built in the app include:
Authentication, location and route tracking,
navigation, metering, Pick-up or rejection
confirmations, Pushing jobs from back-end
servers to the device.
• Node.js was used for server side scripting.
13. Case Studies - Android SDK - Appbattler
• Appbattler provides a platform for gamers to
socialize, throw challenges and battle out to
win prizes. Game developers can integrate this
platform into their games to augment users
• Neev has developed the SDK to be integrated
by the game developers/publishers into their
• Some of the basic features of SDK include
registration, follow on social media, news,
profile and account features. Apart from this
users can also throw and participate
challenges, search challenges/ users/ games,
chat/socialize with other gamers, view
14. Case Studies – B2C- Travel and Information guide App - Tripflick
• TripFlick is a Singapore-based tourist information
services company. The application consists of: A web
portal for their users with the capability of
registering and finding information on the points of
interest (POI) in Singapore (to help them plan their
trip) and an android application to plan their trip via
a mobile device. Both web and android app are
• The app is designed such that it works in offline
mode and leads to huge savings in data transfer
charges while the mobile service is on international
• Geo-localized recommendations are made to the
customer on places of interest around him based on
customer’s current location, opening/closing hours
of a place of interest, etc.
• Map view with dynamic routing and voice
15. • Built for Android & iOS
• Player has to help the
baby reach exit point
without being spotted by
• 4 million downloads on
both Android and iOS
Case Studies – Mobile Gaming - Baby’s Day Out for
16. Case Studies - Mobile Video Streaming - Myplex.tv
• Myplex.tv is the flagship service of Apalya.
Apalya holds a monopoly in India in mobile
video content streaming market.
• Neev designed, developed and deployed a fully
scalable cloud-based application architecture
that coould support heavy traffic and heavy
• Neev developed the backend infrastructure
required for pre-processing all video content
into 4 different formats (low, medium, high,
very high) to suit the consumer’s network
bandwidth capacity and video quality
• In order to enable the video to play on various
devices, the solution was enabled to stream
content in various formats such as RTMP,
RTMPE, RTSP, HTTP.
17. Key Challenges in Android Application Development
• Google releases a new version of Android every 6 months and device manufacturers take
anywhere between 3 to 6 months to come up with phones that support the new version.
• This gives us a lead time of anywhere between 3 to 6 months to release apps which are
compatible and utilize the features provided by the latest version of the OS.
• Such nuances need to be handled right at the beginning of application development, and
the processes should be defined in such a way that adaptability to the new versions of
Android is seamless.
• While the process is sturdy, the apps are contemporary and stay in line with the evolving