• Founded in 1960 by Tom Monaghan
• The first delivery outlet was launched at Ypsilanti, Michigan as Dominick
• a network of 9,742 Company-owned and franchise stores, located in all 50 states
and in more than 70 international markets
• Jubilant Food Works Limited, a Jubilant Bhartia Group company holds the Master
Franchise rights for India, Nepal, Sri Lanka and Bangladesh
• Today there are 8,000 Domino's Pizza stores in more than 50 countries, employing
over 145,000 team members and involving over 2,000 franchisees
• Region – dominos outlets in different countries is a
way of segmenting their market
• according to region and finding out potential markets.
• City – they also segment the cities as class i, class
ii, metros, small towns.
• age – under 13years, 13 to 21 years21 to 35 years, 35
to 50 years, 50+ years.
• family income – lower middle class, middle
class, upper middle class, high class
• Dominos pizzas have target the families who like to go out for dinner once in a
• They also target teenagers of school.
• Spending habits of college freshmen also indicates a high percentage of money
being spent on non-essential items.
• Dominos pizza has made delivery services for those customers who like to have
pizzas in their home with their families or friends.
CHARACTERISTICS OF SERVICES
•Intangibility: It is impossible for the service users to taste, feel, see, smell or
possess a service before they buy it.
•Heterogeneity: People based services are susceptible to heterogeneity, or
variation in quality.
•Perish ability: Unused service capacity of one time period cannot be stored
for use in future time periods.
•Inseparability: The production of a service cannot be separated from its
consumption by customers. Services are produced and consumed
ABOUT PIZZA HUT
• Founded on 15 June 1958 by Dan and Frank Carney in
their hometown of Kansas.
• Its a wholly owned subsidiary of Yum! Brands Inc. which is
the world’s largest restaurant company.
• Its anAmerican restaurant chain and international
• It offers different style of pizzas along with appetisers,
beverages and desserts.
My Marketing Strategy
• Launch a new scheme of buy 1 get 1 free called “Pizza Pe
• Applicable on week days i.e. from Monday to Friday.
• Monday- Soup & Salad,Tuesday- Appetisers, Wednesday-
Pizza,Thursday- Pasta and Friday- Beverages & Desserts.
• Advertise this scheme via the conventional media i.e on
television, billboards, social media and in newspapers.
Strong brand image
Unmatchable quality and
More outlets even in smaller
Less than 30 mins home
Quick service at outlets
Inadequacy of outlets.
Lack of parking facilities at
Lack of variety
Outlets lack space
Ambience not up to mark
No special option for
birthday parties and
Dominos Pizza Hut
recipe as per the
then adding taste
b) Simplified ordering
system – SINGLE toll
c) Very fast growth in
terms of number of
from 1(1996) to
recipes suiting the
b) No such provision in
Pizza Hut’s case.
c) Pace of growth was
Juts 19 outlets in the
same period of time
Dominos Pizza Hut
Product Pizza - High Localization;
even based on different
Trendsetter in localization.
Recipe redefining as per the
Following Dominos in
However; opened 100%
Customization based on
Religion – Jain
City specific –
Price Initially high price; as key
ingredients sourced from
Australia and Spain.
Competition with Pizza
Hut resulted in Price cuts,
Initially high price; as Pizza Hut
offer “Comeback Value to our
customer” because of its USP
– Dining Experience.
Dominos Pizza Hut
Promotion Introduce Pizza mania
(Large Pizza – Rs.129/-)
Tie-up with Discovery Channel
– Co branding
Direct Mailing and Pizza
Campaign like – Pan in
Innovative Menu – Pizza
Pooch menu and Pizza
One Rupee Pan deal
Barah nahin to Tera
Place Most robust and efficient
Supply Chain – resulted in to
Strategic set up of
commissaries for raw material
Tie up with real estate
Targeting on non traditional
outlets like Corporate office,
Not much focused on
supply chain; rather
focused on “dining