Twitter Kitall you need to get started on Twitter
Twitter Kit Part 1
Module 1 – The Basics behind a PLN
Module 2 - Setting Twitter Up
Module 3 – Twitter Extras
Module 4 – Twitter Strategy
Module 5 – Find Followers and be followed
The Basics Behind a PLN
• What is it?
• Why is it important?
• How do I get started?
What is a PLN?
• Personal Learning Network
• You find teachers that interest you.
• You provide information to other teachers.
• It is a reciprocal learning
You find the teachers that interest you
• With Facebook, or other social media networks
• The Real World!
– conferences, school,
You provide information to other teachers
• The best way to learn is to teach
• You become an aggregator of information
• You add your opinions
• Draw your own conclusions
It is a reciprocal learning system
• Learning shouldn’t
be a one way street
Promote and recommend
teachers that provide quality
• Respond to questions and comments
• Leave it open to interactivity
Why is it important?
• Continual learning
• Every person
• Filter system
• More voices, more reliability
• The world is on steroids
• Did college really prepare you?
Every person is unique
• The one size fits all school system
• Every job is unique
• 200 channels but nothing on
• Pursue your passions
• Information overload
• Intelligent filtering can not
be done by a machine
• You get to choose
• Add different views
More voices, more reliability
• Media 1.0 – one voice/opinion
• Media 2.0 – several voices/
opinions + interactivity
• Media 3.0 – peer chosen and filtered content.
You’re not alone