Chocolate and Cheese Pairing - Houston Dairymaids 2014 Class
Chocolate and Cheese
Chocolate and Cheese – two of our greatest foods can
come together to create culinary magic.
Adding Chocolate to your Cheese
1) Start with cheese – the sweetness of chocolate can
overwhelm the palate.
2) Cheese:Chocolate ratio – a little chocolate goes a long
way, you should have 2x as much cheese as chocolate.
3) Quality matters – In both cheese and chocolate, the
higher the quality, the better your experience.
4) Be creative – consider contrasting textures, adding fruit,
nuts and wine to your pairings.
5) Play with regional chocolates – Swiss, Italian, etc.
• Parmesan and Dark Chocolate
• Brie, Chevre or Ricotta with Mild, Milk Chocolate
• Washed Rinds with Fruity Chocolate
• Gouda or Cheddar with Caramel, Coffee or Toffee
• Blue Cheese with Spicy or Vanilla Chocolate
Of course, this is all subjective, feel free to sample and find
a blend that works for you!
Fresh Basket Chevre
Pure Luck Dairy in Dripping Springs, TX
Bellwether Farms, Petaluma, CA
Holland Family Cheese in Thorp, WI
Cowgirl Creamery in Point Reyes Station, CA
Kaserie Obere Muhle, in Bad Oberdorf, Bavaria