Question 3:What are some of the qualityof a leader demonstratingprofessionalism in his/herdaily activities?
Professionalism:Professionalism is very important, and is oneof the best ways to show kindness andrespect.Professionals seek to utilize their knowledgeand training.Professionals seek to demonstrate self-control, adherence to a high code of moralethics and practice of the standards of theirprofession.
Quality of a leader demonstratingprofessionalism in the daily activities1. Physical appearanceA leader must have a pleasing appearance.Physical and health are very important for agood leader.2. Vision and foresightA leader cannot maintain influence unless heexhibits that he is forward looking. He has tovisualize situations and thereby has to framelogical programmes.
3. IntelligenceA leader should be intelligent enough to examineproblems and difficult situations. He should beanalytical who weighs pros and cons and thensummarizes the situation. Therefore, a positive bentof mind and mature outlook is very important.4. Communicative skillsA leader must be able to communicate the policiesand procedures clearly, precisely and effectively. Thiscan be helpful in persuasion and stimulation.
5. ObjectiveA leader has to be having a fair outlook which isfree from bias and which does not reflects hiswillingness towards a particular individual. Heshould develop his own opinion and should basehis judgment on facts and logic.6. Knowledge of workA leader should be very precisely knowing thenature of work of his subordinates because it isthen he can win the trust and confidence of hissubordinates.
7. Sense of responsibilityResponsibility and accountability towards anindividual’s work is very important to bring asense of influence. A leader must have a senseof responsibility towards organizational goalsbecause only then he can get maximum ofcapabilities exploited in a real sense. For this, hehas to motivate himself and arouse and urge togive best of his abilities. Only then he canmotivate the subordinates to the best.
8. Self-confidence and will-powerConfidence in himself is important to earn theconfidence of the subordinates. He should betrustworthy and should handle the situationswith full will power.9. HumanistThis trait to be present in a leader is essentialbecause he deals with human beings and is inpersonal contact with them. He has to handlethe personal problems of his subordinates withgreat care and attention. Therefore, treating thehuman beings on humanitarian grounds isessential for building a congenial environment.
10.EmpathyIt is an old adage “Stepping into the shoes ofothers”. This is very important because fairjudgment and objectivity comes only then. Aleader should understand the problems andcomplaints of employees and should also have acomplete view of the needs and aspirations ofthe employees. This helps in improving humanrelations and personal contacts with theemployees.
ConclusionA leader has got multidimensional traitsin him which makes him appealing andeffective in behavior.Most of the time, leaders must thinkabout the qualities of leadership andhow to apply them daily.
Question 9:Self-motivated leaders consistentlywork toward their goals. And they haveextremely high standards for the qualityof their work.If you were given this opportunity, howcan you improve your motivation?
Self-motivationAbility to do what needs to be done, withoutinfluence from other people or situations.People with self motivation can find a reasonand strength to complete a task, even whenchallenging, without giving up or needinganother to encourage them.
How you can get motivated to achieveyour goals.1. Start with visualizing your future successesand imagine the feelings you’ll experiencewhen you achieve your goal. Intensify thefeelings of accomplishment you’ll enjoy whenyou achieve your most important goals.
2. Mentally walk the path towards your success.Concentrate on how you will feel at differentmilestones on the way. Imagine how great itwill be as you accomplish every step andexpect each success to materialize. Celebrateyour successes in your mind every morningand evening.
3. Assign a high priority to each task that youmust achieve that will give each task a priorityin your mind. Affirm to yourself that you willdo what is necessary without fail.4. Set a target for the amount of work you willdo each day toward your goals. Schedule thatamount of time in your planner and don’tallow distractions.
5. Focus on your positive achievements and notthe negatives. All people have some thingsthey are not happy with. Concentrate on thethings or people who empower your progress.Stay positive and enthusiastic about yourjourney and the results you are going to makehappen.6. Train yourself to finish what you start byrefusing to quit until you are done. Cultivatethe habit of determination and persistence.
Conclusion• Quality leaders must have the ability to beself-motivated. This happens when a leaderknows they need to rely primarily on inwardmotivation and not outward factors.• Other people and things can and shouldmotivate us but it should not be our mainfocus. Because, the only person who canmotivate you 100 percent of the time isyourself.
Remember, “To become an efficient leader,you must be self-motivated”. You must knowyour identity, your needs and you must have astrong urge to do anything to achieve yourgoals.Once you are self-motivated, only then youcan motivate others to achieve their goals andto harmonize their personal goals with thecommon goals of the organization.