There main factors to consider:1. Skin color2. Eye color3. Hair color
The most skin tones and levels can wear a surprisingly wide range of eye,cheek and lip color. If skin color is light,you may use light color for a soft,natural look.Medium to dark colors will create a more dramatic look. If skin color is medium,medium tones will create an understated look.Light or dark tones will provide more contrast and will appear bolder. If skin color is dark,dark tones will be most subtle.Medium to medium-light or bright tones will be striking and vivid. Be cautious when choosing tones lighter then the skin.If the color is too light,it will turn grey or chalky on the skin.Look for translucent,shimmers colors if you are choosing these tones.
As you begin recommending eye,cheek and lip colors,neutrals will always be your safest choice. They contain elements of warm and cool color and work well on any skin tone,eye color,or hair color. They come in variations of brown or gray,for instance,they may have a warm or cool base with brown tone.Or you might choose a plum-brown,which would be considering a cool neutral. An orange-brown would be considering a warm neutral.
1. Determine skin level -Light,medium,dark2. Determine skin undertone –Warm,cool,neutral3. Determine eye color – Blue,green,brown,other4. Determine complementary colors.5. Determine hair color – Warm or cool color6. Choose eye make-up colors,based on complementary or contrasting colors.7. Coordinate cheek and lip colors within the same color family – warm,cool or neutral.8. Apply make-up.
Make up base / moisturizer Concealer Foundation Compact powder Loose powder Eye shadow Eye liner Eye brow pencil Mascara Blusher Lip liner pencil Lipstick Lipgloss
1. Apply the make up base or moisturizer on the skin face.
2. Remove from container with a spatula and applied with concealer brush or sponge.Place it sparingly over blemishes or areas of discoloration and blend.
3. Compact powder are compressed and held together with binders so that will not crumble,usually provide heavier coverage.
4. It gives a natural looking glow to the face and also helps to create more attractive facial contours.Blend the colour so that is fading softly in to the foundation.
5. Eyebrow pencil or shadows are used to add color and shape the eye brow.Sharpen the eyebrow pencil and wipe with clean tissue before each use.For powder shadow application,use a applicator or clean brush to apply shadow to brow.Avoid harsh contrasts between hair and eyebrow color.
6. Matching eyeshadow to eye color creates a flat field of color and should generally be avoided.Eye makeup color may match or coordinate with the client’s clothing color.Eyeshadow colors are generally referred to as : Highlighters,bases and contour/dark colors.
7. Eye liner is used to outline and emphasize the eyes,to make the eyes appear larger and the lashes fuller.Use eyeliner that is the same color as the lashes or mascara for more natural look.Apply to the desired area with short strokes and gentle pressure the most common placement is close to the lash line.To apply upper eyeliner,it may be helpful to gently pull the skin taut,from right below the eyebrow up to ensure smooth application.
8. Apply mascara close to the base of the lashes out toward the tip.Apply mascara carefully,the most common injury with mascara application is poking the eye with the applicator.
9. Apply blush just below the cheekbones.Blending on the top of the bones toward the top of cheeks.The color should stop below the temple and not be closer than two fingers away from the nose.Do not apply too much blush on the apple of the cheek,this make the face looks fatter.
10. Sharpen the liner.Have clients smile and stretch their lips and apply.
11. Use spatula to get the product out of the container.Apply the lipstick evenly with a lip brush.Blot the lips with tissue to remove excess product and set the lip color.
12. Use the lip gloss for the shiny lips and the last touch.
Clean up and sanitation : Wash ur hands. Clean and sanitize brushes,foundation sponge and puff. Place washable items in the laundry. Sanitize your workstation.