• Hoq, MD. Ashraful
• Morshed, Farzana
• Khan, Ali Akbar
• Hasan, Nayemul
The History Of the company
HRM & Its Policies
Recruitment & Selection
Compensation & Benefits
Negative & Positive Policies
The History Of the company…
• In 1907, a young French chemist Eugéne
Schueller developed an innovative colour
• In 1909, he registred his own company;
• In 1920, the small company employed 3
• In 1912, Eugéne Schueller started to
export his products;
• In 1933, he created and launched Votre
Beauté, a magazine devoted to women;
• In 1953, L„Oréal won an advertising
• L'Oreal is the world largest cosmetics and beauty
company. They have over 500 products.
• This brand concentrates on:
• Hair color
• Skin care
• Sun protection
• Make up
• Hair care
• L‟Oreal is mainly used for the younger people
like teenagers as most of their products involves
make up which most teenagers like.
• L'Oreal also targets their products to older
• Their slogan “because we‟re worth it” shows
that the product is a luxury product which
suggests it is could be expensive.
• L'Oreal's product, reached the top 100 brands of
The Brand Trust Report published by Trust
Research Advisory in India
HRM - Mission
• “To attract & retain the talent needed to achieve the
broader business mission.”
Management head- Frederic Roge, President & CEO.
In 2013, employees recorded at 72,600 .
Strategic committee consists of 13 members.
In 130 country's 50,500 people employed.
2,900 employed for Research & Development.
42 manufacturing plants employed 14,000.
Compensation & Benefits
Bikes- for –work scheme & childcare voucher.
Life style perks on health & well being.
Discount on L'Oreal products.
• Worldwide Profit Sharing.
• Leadership on innovative products with quality &
• Respond to aspiration of consumers.
• Provide the best in cosmetics to men & women all over the
Policies Positive Sides
• Concrete & meaningful steps on reducing carbon
• Named household sector leader by Climate Counts.
• Respect the standards of excellence.
• Promote the emergence of a diversified ecosystem.
• Measure & report the progress.
• The company has recently faced discrimination lawsuits in
France related to the hiring of spokes models and
• In the UK, L'Oréal has faced widespread condemnation
from OFCOM regarding truth in their advertising and
marketing campaigns concerning the product performance
of one of their mascara brands.
• Therapeutic Goods Administration, Australia withdrew
advertising regarding wrinkle removal capabilities.
• The L‟Oreal Group is the world‟s largest cosmetics &
beauty company. In our opinion, we think that L‟Oreal has
successfully created a brand identity as the adverts that
present the products make them look more expensive.