• Writing skills are an important part of communication.
• It is one of the rarest and most undervalued skills among students, and
few professors have the time, resources, or skills to teach writing skills
• Good writing skills allow you to communicate your message with clarity
and ease to a far larger audience than through face-to-face or telephone
• Writing well is easily one of the most sought-after and useful skills in the
29/9/2014 Navdeep Kaur 2
• Poor writing skills means not good in writing skills
• Bad writing skills word come in mind when we
make 10 to15 mistakes in a paragraph
29/9/2014 Navdeep Kaur 3
When we talk about any problem then we first think about
the reasons of problem. There are a lot of reasons for
bad writing skills
1. Message language
2. Grammar mistakes
3. Bad handwriting
4. Bad explanation
5. Bad starting of text
6. Poor listening
7. Poor English speaking
29/9/2014 Navdeep Kaur 4
• The main reason for poor
writing skills is grammar
• Some time we never give
importance to grammar in letter
or any document
• Grammar mistake like use
“then” in the place of “than”.
• Grammar mistakes are not
29/9/2014 Navdeep Kaur 5
• Bad hand writing is the biggest reason for poor writing skills
• In student life ,bad hand writing is became the biggest
reason for the failure in exams.
• Most of us use different kind of pens while writing in the
• Example of
Bad hand writing:-
29/9/2014 Navdeep Kaur 6
• Sometime we know all the things related to the topic but
we can’t give a proper meaning to it. The reason behind
this is ‘they don't know how to start the topic.
• We always start with person name or words
like “there” “once” “a few” and “I” etc.
29/9/2014 Navdeep Kaur 7
• Nowadays we all are busy on
mobile or on social
networking sites like
facebook and Whatsapp etc.
For example:- “whats up budy”
or “r u fine 2dy” etc
We use different word in
message chat that are:- “R”,
“U”, “2DY”, “2nite”, “c”,
“wot”, “gud”, “ ” etc
29/9/2014 Navdeep Kaur 8
• “What we speak and listen that we write” it’s mean that our speaking skills
are effect our writing skills.
• In our life, In which way we speak in language, in that way we write these
• If our listening and speaking skills are poor then our writing skills are also
• For example we want to write the word “writing” then speak it and then write
some of us write the spelling of writing is “writting”
• Explain any thing in writing style is a art of speaking
• Explanation of any word or topic is the main part of writing skills
• Some of us know every thing about the topic but can’t explain them in
• Some of student write their topic very well in the starting but they fail in
29/9/2014 Navdeep Kaur 9
• Writing skills are the very important part of business world
• in this life we have to write different kind of documents,
letter, email etc
• We can improve our writing skills by using these points
1. Plan, then write
2. Use directions wisely
3. focus on your communication
4. Conclude some thing
5. Don’t plagiarize
29/9/2014 Navdeep Kaur 10
• An outline can be a mind map, a list of points to cover, a statement of
purpose, a mental image of your finished paper — even, if you’re good,
the first paragraph you write.
• It provides a ruler to measure your progress against as you’re writing.
• It acts as a reminder to make sure you cover your topic as fully as
• A good outline allows you to jump back and forth, attacking topics as
your thinking or your research allows.
• Finally, having a plan at hand helps keep you focused on the goals
you’ve set for the paper, leading to better writing than the “making it up
as you go along” school of writing to which most students seem to
29/9/2014 Navdeep Kaur 11
• Revise your paper at least once, focusing on how well each
line directs your readers towards the understanding you’ve
set out to install in them.
• Every sentence should direct your reader towards your
• Revising your paper is where the magic happens — when
you’re done with your first draft, your understanding of your
subject will be much greater than it was when you started
writing; use that deeper knowledge to clarify and enrich
• Revision should take about the same time as writing — say
15 – 30 minutes a page.
29/9/2014 Navdeep Kaur 12
• Explain the findings of your research,
• propose an explanation for the data presented,
• point out avenues for future research,
• point out the significance of the facts you’ve laid out in your paper.
• The conclusion should be a strong resolution to the paper, not a weak
recapitulation tacked on to pad out the page count
• Plagiarism is much more than lifting papers off the Internet
• it’s copying phrases from Wikipedia or another site without including a
reference and enclosing the statement in quotes,
• it’s summarizing someone else’s argument or using their data without
noting the source,
• it’s including anything in your paper that is not your own original thought
and not including a pointer to where it comes from.
29/9/2014 Navdeep Kaur 13
i. While writing any paragraph, letter, email, document many
persons don’t think before writing.
ii. Firstly prepare your topic then make some points in your mind
then start writing
iii. If you are poor in grammar then always carry a grammar book
iv. If your writing is not good then every day try to write some thing
on a note book in different ways of writing
v. While writing any document try to write in a business writing
vi. try to write in a such a way that you clear what you want to say
29/9/2014 Navdeep Kaur 14