Presentation on supply
• Bisleri was originally an Italian company created
by Signor Felice Bisleri, who first brought the idea of
selling bottled water in India.
• In 1965, it was introduced in Mumbai in glass
bottles in two varietes - bubbly & still. In 1969, it
was bought over by Parle.
• Bisleri has 36% market share in packaged drinking
water in India.
• It has plants in Maharashtra, Kerala, Jammu &
Kashmir, Himachal Pradesh, Tamil Nadu, Karnataka,
UP, Orissa, Jharkhand and north Bengal.
• Its current capacity is estimated at 3.50-crore cases
• Maharashtra contributes 30 per cent of the
company’s total sales.
• About 50 tones of stock are dispatched in a day.
• They stock water as inventory.
• They use computer software (IN FLOW) for
inventory management, which helps them to:
–Monitoring Inventory levels
–Information on current stock levels
• Sources water from the Himalayas.
• It also sources water from rivers and treat it.
• It sources plastics for bottle from Manjushree
Technopack Ltd, a provider of
• On a national level, there are 2,000 trucks- on-call
for Bisleri, while the number of trucks averages 300
and 250 in the Mumbai and Delhi markets.
• It also uses railways.
• They provide low pricing strategy.
• They offer some discount on purchase bundle
or case of mineral water.