By: Natalia San Andrés, Jose Daniel Larrea
- Refers to creation of the mind
- Like: Inventions Literary Artistic words symbol Names images Desing used in
- It categories in:
• industrial, trademarks, design, and geographic indications
• Copyrights such as; literary, art, like novels poems, plays, films, musicals, dances,
sculptures and arquitectual design.
• Copyright is legal term describing rights given to creators for the literacy and artista
Importance of copyright:
• Respect intelectual rights of the author information.
• Reward the creativity of the owner of the work
• behavior for students, teachers, and educational community.
• What is covered:
• Novels, poems, Plays, newspaper, computer programs, films, software, songs
lirics, drawings, photographs, sculptures, architecture, maps, etc.
• What is not covered by copyright:
• Ideas, recipes, stock literacy, names, titles,
DURATION OF COPYRIGHTS
Author’s lifetime plus 50 years from the end of
The calendar year in which the author dies
50 years for films and sound recordings
25 years for typographical arrangements of a published edition
Moral rights last for as long as Copyright and can not be assigned
An author may waive his/her moral rights by signing an agreement to that
• This is the World Intellectual property organization that specialized in the united
nations and they are dedicated to give the service to the public interested that want
reward their creativities.
• What is it?
• It is a conditional use of copyrihts just for the benefits of the real autor giving him
free speech, etc
• Factors of the fair use:
• Nature of the copyrighted work
• Amount and substantiality of the portion used in relation to the copyrighted work
as a whole
• Effect of the use upon the potential market for or value of the copyrighted work
THE 4 FAIR USE
• The purpose:
• non-profit education purposes
• It could be for a lesson plan
• That some Works are more valuable than others.
• And that some works are more permissible than other works.
• That people evaluated the percentage of the work used on your work and ir says
that you don`t have to use more percentage of the neccesary
• And the final is that you can`t use the authors work for your finantial benefits or to
get loose the finantial benefits of the autor.