• lat. Viscum album
• Mistletoe is a hemiparasitic plant that grows
on a wide variety of host trees such as pine,
oak, birch, and apple. The term hemiparasitic
is used to indicate that the mistletoe plant
carries out photosynthesis independently but
obtains water and minerals from the host.
• Mistletoe preparations have been used
medicinally in Europe for centuries to treat
epilepsy, infertility, hypertension and arthritis.
• In folk medicine, it has been used for its
cardiovascular properties, but its clinical
efficacy has not been established.
• Injectable mistletoe extract is widely used in
Europe but is not licensed for use in the
• lat. Taraxacum officinale
• People use the above ground parts and root to
• Dandelion is used for loss of appetite, upset
stomach, intestinal gas, gallstones, joint paint,
muscle aches, eczema and bruises; to increase
urine production and as a laxative to increase
bowel movements; as skin toner, blood tonic and
• In foods, dandelion is used as salad greens,
and in soups, wine, and teas. The roasted root
is used as a coffee substitute.
• Dandelion is used for many conditions, but so
far, there isn’t enough scientific evidence to
determine whether or not it is effective for
any of them.
• lat. Lavandula officinalis
• Lavander has hundreds of uses. It is a fragrant
aromatic, a relaxing herb, and it can be used
in baking, lotion making, gourmet cooking, tea
making, tinctures and much more.
• By inhalation, lavender is used as
aromatherapy for insomnia, pain, and
agitation related to dementia.
• Lavender has the following properties:
antidepressant, analgesic, antiseptic,
cicatrizant, expectorant, nervine, vulnerary…
• Especially beneficial to the respiratory tract in
particular coughs, colds, influenza; certainly
eases breathing when lungs and sinuses are
choked with phlegm; defends system against
• Horse chestnut
• lat. Aesculus hippocastanum
• Horse chestnut seed and leaf are used for
treating varicose veins, hemorrhoids, swollen
veins, diarrhea, fever, and enlarged prostate,
eczema, menstrual pain, soft tissue swelling
from bone fracture and sprains, cough,
arthritis and joint pain …
• Horse chestnut is an astringent, antiinflammatory herb that helps to tone the vein
walls which, when slack or distended, may
become varicose, hemorrhoidal or otherwise
problematic. The plant also reduces fluid
retention by increasing the permeability of the
capillaries and allowing the re-absorption of
excess fluid back into the circulatory system.