• Ukraine is the biggest
country of Europe.
• The area of Ukraine is 603
• On 24 August 1991 The
Independence of Ukraine
• Ukraine borders on Russia, Belorussia, Poland, Slovakia,
• Ukraine is washed by the Black Sea and the Sea of Azov.
TThhee FFllaagg ooff UUkkrraaiinnee
• The flag of Ukraine is one of the
symbols of Ukraine.
• The flag of Ukraine consists of
two colors: blue and yellow.
• Blue is the sky and yellow is a
• The flag was approved on 28
TThhee CCooaatt ooff AArrmmss ooff
• The coat of arms of Ukraine is an
emblem of Ukraine.
• The coat of arms of Ukraine was
approved on 19 February 1992.
• On the coat of arms there is a
TThhee AAnntthheemm ooff UUkkrraaiinnee
• The anthem of Ukraine is the
song "still alive Ukraine and
glory and freedom ".
• The words were written by Paul
Chubinsky,and the music was
written by Mikhail Verbitsky.
• The anthem was approved on 15
HHiissttoorryy ooff UUkkrraaiinnee
• Ukraine was called Kiyvska Rus
in the past.
• Kiyvska Rus was founded in the
10th century by Prince Oleg.
• Kiyvska Rus was baptized by the
Prince Volodymyr Velykiy in
• It was destroyed by Zolota Orda
in the 13 th century and was
invaded by the Kingdom of
Poland in the 16 th century.
• Then in the 16 th century
Zaporozhian Sich was founded by
• It was a home of Cossacks who
protected Ukraine from enemies
• Cossacks glorified Ukraine at all
• But in the 18 th century
Zaporozhian Sich was destroyed
by Russia that invaded Ukraine.
• The 20 th century was a bad
period in the history of Ukraine.
• There were many
revolutions,wars and the famine.
• There were World War I (1914-
1918) and World War II (1935-
• The Famine killed 12 million
• Kyiv is the capital of Ukraine.
• Kyiv has its own flag and its
own coat of arms.
• The flag and the coat of arms
were approved in 1995.
• On the flag and on the coat of
arms there is Archangel
their sister Lybid
St Sophia’s Cathedral
Monument to Bogdan
Mother of the