Where we are focused:
The right ads, at the right time, to the right audience.
Access to real, actionable data. Insights into policies, processes.
Easy to use tools that reduce the friction (costs) to adopt.
Some of what we‟ve heard
Offline Campaign My Client Center
(Agency Management Tools)
Easily Delete or A/B Testing
The ability to Add Keywords
Pause Ads Ad Preview Tools
Better ad relevancy
Bulk Where is my ad showing?
Totals Management Immediate Ad
on grids More “Go Live”
Ad Diagnostic Tools Geo-Targeting
Why was my ad rejected? More actionable
Editorial Rejection Report Search
Fall „07 Release Highlights
• Instant editorial feedback. Inline notification on
your ads and keywords during the creation process.
• Receive one editorial e-mail per account per day
for your newly disapproved ads or keywords with
consolidated e-mail notifications.
• Improved speed means your campaign updates can
go live faster.
• Intuitive reporting functionalities allow you to
easily analyze and optimize your reports with
interactive filtering, sorting, and graphs.
• Daily Budget. Now you can set a daily budget target
with a maximum spend per month.
• Substitute default dynamic text to be used if your
inserted keyword or placeholders cause the ad to
exceed the maximum character limit.
• Enhanced import capability for 3rd party
campaigns. Supports the Google AdWords Editor
and Yahoo import file formats –import your Google
campaign without making any file changes.
Spring „08 Release Preview
• Total‟s on Grids.
• Improved reporting experience
• Negative Keywords at the ad group level
• Better keyword prediction
– Historic data will be associated with the specific keyword
• Editorial Enhancements
– Quicker “Go Live”
Upcoming Product Priorities
• Eliminate Editorial as a pain-point
– Time to Live improvements, Backlogs reduction, Inline Editorial & tools
– Move Relevance Verification from editorial to online ranking
– Campaign Budget Notifications & Real-time controls
• Reduce Friction
– Ease of use doing business with adCenter (no costs)
• Improve ad Quality
– Relevance improvements
Update: Content Ads = More Quality Clicks
Place targeted ads on relevant web pages.
– Advertiser Satisfaction
– Scaled, quality expansion
– Build an Ecosystem
• Results to Date (Launched in Aug’07):
– Comparable ROI between Search and Content
– Some brand-name advertisers spending more on Content than Search
– Quality remains #1 focus in expansion efforts
adCenter + Excel 2007
• Search Marketers work in Excel.
• Keyword Research shouldn‟t involve so much “cut & paste”
• Excel 2007
– Unlimited rows
– Advanced add-in platform (easier to build tools)
• You don‟t need to be an expert in Excel to these tools!
• Data is tuned for adCenter but can be applied to any
campaign on any engine.
adCenter Add-in with Ad Intelligence
Expansion, Traffic, Monetization (CPC, CTR, Clicks, Imp)
Register for upcoming Pilots & Betas
• Interested in testing cool new adCenter
products or tools before they‟re on the
Beta Testers get:
• Early access to future adCenter tools.
In the past customers have received access
to tools and services such as Content Ads
and the adCenter Add-In for Excel 2007
• A chance to shape the future of
Be part of how adCenter develops as it
goes through its pilot phase and know your
feedback could change it for the better.
Register at the booth or online:
• Sign-up for adCenter: http://adcenter.microsoft.com
• Regular Updates & Information
– #1 Source: adCenter Blog
• Contact us:
– Online support:
– Phone support:
> (800) 518-5698 / TTY (800) 877-9580
> http://www.webmasterworld.com Microsoft World!
– Unvarnished feedback can be sent to: