• Go to www.google.com
• Click on MORE
• Scroll down the page to the Google Tools
and click on PICASA
• Click on FREE DOWNLOAD.
• In the next popup window, click on RUN
and wait for the download to complete.
• In the next popup window, click on
OPEN. This will install the program.
Begin working with your photos
• Start the PICASA software.
• When the program begins for the first
time you will have two choices.
• The second choice is recommended.
(Click on the circle next to it, and click
Camera in Hand!
• How important is the picture you’re
• Know your digital camera’s resolution
• Try to remember not to take pictures of
subjects with a window in the
Pictures for the Website
• Try to take pictures at the low resolution
for the website – teacher or school’s
website. Otherwise pictures will need to
• Pictures can be resized using Picasa
• When you email photos, be mindful of the
size you are sending. If you send a picture
that is taken at a resolution of 2248x1536,
it is going to take longer for the picture to
download…especially if anyone has dial-
up. A picture at this resolution will be so
large, the receiver may have to scroll
across the screen to view it.
– Help Contents and Index (Web support)
– Picasa has an in depth HELP online.
– We’ll figure it out together if you can’t find
the answer in Help.
Practice Makes Perfect!
• I hope you better understand Picasa and
digital pictures in general! Practice with
the pictures that are in your file.
• At home when you download Picasa – it
will be Picasa2. This will allow you to
share a web album with your family and