NASSCOM Product Conclave 2010 Feedback from delegates
Delegate feedback 19 Nov 2010
Primary reasons to attend PC102. What made you decide to attend the NASSCOM Product Conclave 2010? (Please check all that apply) Other, please specify 4% The Cloud Computing theme 38% To showcase my company 20% Business promotion 24% To know about emerging trends 64% To exchange experiences 37% To listen to industry experts 76% To network 78% n = 120
Rating of Keynotes3. How do you rate the following Keynote speeches at the NASSCOM Product Conclave 2010? 19% 43% 31% 7% n = 88 Carol Ann Bartz - The New Internet 24% 52% 20% 5% n = 85 Polly Sumner - Extending the Cloud ecosystem 11% 40% 35% 14% n = 93Amitabh Srivastava - Leapfrog to Platform as a Service Outstanding Good Average Poor
Rating of Plenary Panel Discussions4. How do you rate the following Plenary panel discussions at NASSCOM Product Conclave 2010? Debunking 5 myths of lean start-ups (Vivek Wadhwa / Mukund 27% 49% 17% 6% n = 81 Mohan) Getting to Plan B (Sharat Saran) 13% 39% 37% 11% n = 84 Bootstrapping using services / consulting (Dr. Frank Levinson / 29% 53% 16% 2% n = 89 Dr. Anand Deshpande)Addressing 40M SMEs in India (Bharat Goenka / Sridhar Vembu) 17% 49% 26% 9% n = 82 Outstanding Good Average Poor
Rating of Track Panel discussions5. How do you rate the following Track Panel Discussions at NASSCOM Product Conclave 2010?Weapons to fight with the 800 pound Gorillas - Open source 11% 53% 36% n = 53 and Cloud 12% 57% 24% 8% n = 51 Creating passionate users Building products for a billian Indians 13% 53% 29% 5% n = 77 26% 50% 19% 6% n = 70 Traits of a successful entrepreneur Ride the mobile solutions wave triggered by UID 37% 40% 14% 10% n = 63 0% 10% 20% 30% 40% 50% 60% 70% 80% 90% 100% Outstanding Good Average Poor
Rating of Workshops6. How do you rate the following workshops at the NASSCOM Product Conclave 2010? 17% 67% 17% n = 42 Real world of high tech product management 7 ways to milk your SaaS / Cloud product 12% 55% 30% 3% n = 33 24% 43% 20% 12% n = 49 Products going global Opinion Vs. Market Research - Building great software 28% 50% 22% n = 50 products with inspiration and rigor 0% 10% 20% 30% 40% 50% 60% 70% 80% 90% 100% Outstanding Good Average Poor
Rating of Special Sessions7. How do you rate the following Special Sessions at the NASSCOM Product Conclave 2010? 18% 58% 18% 6% n = 33 Exploring Government / Quasi-Government funding sources 5 things a Seed / Angel investor is looking for in a venture 15% 54% 21% 10% n = 52 SI 2.0 - Selling Innovation 21% 41% 28% 10% n = 29 CIO+Technology - Catalysed by start-ups 8% 50% 39% 3% n = 36 Product Management (held on 9th November) 22% 56% 19% 3% n = 32 0% 10% 20% 30% 40% 50% 60% 70% 80% 90% 100% Outstanding Good Average Poor
Rating of Open Discussions8. How do you rate the following Open Discussions at the NASSCOM Product Conclave 2010? 20% 55% 25% n = 40 Needs of product start-ups - Dorai Thodia, iMorph Inc Crowd sourcing - shout your need - Kishore, Impel CRM and 14% 59% 20% 8% n = 51 Suresh, Orangescape Stay hungry, Stay foolish - Rashmi Bansal 17% 57% 19% 6% n = 47 0% 10% 20% 30% 40% 50% 60% 70% 80% 90% 100% Outstanding Good Average Poor
Feedback on Cloud Computing sessions It was time wasted 2% No 21% I think I knew more than what… 11% The sessions reinforced what I… 51% Yes I learnt a lot from the sessions 37% 79% 0% 10% 20% 30% 40% 50% 60% 10. What best describes your response to the Cloud Computing sessions?9. Did you have a chance to attend the session(s)related to this years theme "Cloud Computing"? Part yes, Part no - I still have 50% some more work to do n = 120 No 3% Yes 47% 11. After attending the sessions on Cloud Computing, are you clearer about the Cloud strategy for your / your clients business? 0% 10% 20% 30% 40% 50%
Rating of Special modules12. How do you rate the following modules at the NASSCOM Product Conclave 2010? Entertainment by Vikram Sathaye & Group 40% 36% 16% 9% n = 45 NASSCOM Ecosystem Awards Ceremony 7% 42% 37% 14% n = 57 Product Demos Expo Centre 9% 52% 33% 7% n = 89 Product Expo showcase 11% 59% 23% 8% n = 93 Spotlight - Transformation to the Cloud 12% 60% 27% 1% n = 78 0% 10% 20% 30% 40% 50% 60% 70% 80% 90% 100% Outstanding Good Average Poor
Rating on meeting / presentation formats13. According to you, which meeting / presentation formats were most fulfilling? (Please check all that apply) 67% 70% 60% 41% 50% 35% 30% 35% 31% 40% 23% 30% 20% 10% 0% Keynotes Panel Workshops Special Open Structured Product n = 120 Discussions Sessions Discussions Networking Expo
Rating on Overall Experience14. From an overall experience point of view, how do you rate the NASSCOM Product Conclave on the aspects givenbelow? Overall 17% 67% 15% 1% Venue 23% 57% 16% 4% Audio - Video arrangement 15% 56% 21% 8% Food & Beverages 20% 51% 24% 4% Quality of Product Expo 15% 54% 25% 6% Networking Opportunities 15% 53% 29% 3% Presentation Quality 19% 55% 21% 4% Quality of moderators 21% 52% 22% 5% Quality of speakers / panellists 25% 58% 13% 4% Registration process 28% 63% 8% 1% Programme Content 22% 60% 15% 3% 0% 10% 20% 30% 40% 50% 60% 70% 80% 90% 100% n = 120 Outstanding Good Average Poor
15. Please tell us about the Top 3 things you liked about NASSCOM Product Conclave 2010 (up to 500 characters).The context of the top terms - a few nuggetsProduct Speakers Networking• Product expo was the hero with • Access to key speakers before and • General good feeling about the most mentions. after sessions networking opportunities the event• Providing a platform for investors • The two Speakers Levinson & Bartz provided to meet Product Companies • Most of the speakers were real • Its a tremendous networking entrepreneurs and they shared their• Providing a good opportunity for insights which are of immense value. opportunity, and it was good to see product companies to showcase people make best use of it. their products • Access to key speakers before and after sessions • Quite a few well known people and• I came to know more about • the quality of speakers and good decision makers attended the markets and how to position organization conclave. That gave very good products based on various market opportunity for fruitful networking segments.
16. What were the Top 3 things you wished were different at NASSCOM Product Conclave 2010? (up to 500 characters)The context of the top terms - a few nuggetsSessions Product• Sitting arrangements in all sessions should facilitate • Selling products unabashedly like Amitabh did of networking Azure must not be allowed• When there is a certain focus, the sessions should be in • Better vertical representation at the Product Expo greater detail • more product expo - exposes our product to generate• Provide a place to put our bags and stuff - like a biz leads security area...etc. • deep dives in relevant topics related to• Parallel sessions – missed a few good sessions startup/product development• Audio Quality dampened some sessions
17. What 3 things did you learn at the NASSCOM Product Conclave 2010?The context of the top terms - a few nuggetsCloud Product• Most people just mentioned ‘Cloud’ or ‘Cloud computing’ • India way far behind in product space & majority of India• Cloud computing trends and what the industry leaders are doesnt understand Products business. saying in this regard • Looking for customer needs for product dev. rather than• Cloud computing, its challenges and future. technology driven approach• Cloud computing got clearer • Overcome fear to build software products• Cloud is here to stay, be it private, public or hybrid • Product is not just engg, it is also about marketing (by Carol Bartz)• Additional inputs on Cloud and Indian market • Attend more of product conclaves and expos and interact• Microsofts Cloud strategy more with entrepreneurs for right guidance.
18. Of all the learnings from the Product Conclave, what 3 things would you do first in the next 90 days? (up to 500 characters)The context of the top terms - a few nuggetsProduct Cloud• implementation of proper market research in the • Cloud Strategy finalization product development of our company • Started contacting partners for cloud implementation• Will focus on revenue building part than worrying about secondary features in my product • Analyze on how Cloud computing can help my• To communicate with the contacts I got there in the business product conclave • Have a deeper look inside cloud computing and see• Align approach to create BP for products to address how it can help and my customers. deep/specialized customer needs • Find out more operational level details regarding• Fine Tune Product Strategy cloud computing
19. What is that one thing that made the Product Conclave worth attending? (Please be descriptive - up to 2,000 characters)The context of the top terms - a few nuggetsProduct Networking Start-up• The quality of speakers. Views from the people • Networking was mentioned as one • Interaction with successful product who have done it. Perspective to shift from a of the most positive results of the startup founders like Sahil Jain and service centric approach to product centric Conclave Pallav Nadhani. approach. • It is worth attending because many • Good Startup demos.• The opportunity to showcase our product to a people will get some contacts with • The strong focus on innovative wider audience and we were not disappointed. the persons very easily, which may product startup community. We got a lot of leads. improve their business in future.• The strong focus on innovative product startup • Getting to know about more • It was nice that I could do the demo products. I My main aim was to community. of my product on day 0. It would network and see the product space• Expanding my knowledge and awareness of the have been nice if startups could do various software products that are already in India to leverage. Ive signed up the demo on day 1 or 2 also. The one startup company earlier to OEM present in our country and to actually see the networking was good. their BPM product. successes of these products
20. Do you have any suggestions for NASSCOM Product Conclave? (Please be descriptive - your answer can be up to 2000 characters)The context of the top terms - a few nuggetsProduct Product (cont.d)• DO bring some key bureaucrats handling IT and • 1, sound was not clear in main auditoriam (noise from A/C, telecom space to share the initiatives govt. of India is Echo) 2, Product Expo - want to see more startup products, taking to boost the product ecosystem. than big company products. 3, Requesting a session by Facebook CEO - Mark Zuckerberg, for next year. 4,• Please do not invite speakers who use this as their Coverage in techcrunch, also want to see Michel Arrington. product sales pitch. People need to share what they did 5, Frankly, I dont have anything interesting to say about when they faced similar situation. this event to my friends (though I got many connections• 1. Avoid overlap of critical & important programmes. 2. from this event). So I want to see better things next year Avoid non-entrepreneur crowd, services companies. 3. • Speakers from successful product companies worldwide Invite international product startups 4. Bring in more could be brought in for sessions, which will add successful global as well as Global Indian entrepreneur, tremendous amount of value. gurus, leaders.
Thank you Dhruv Shenoy, Knowience Insights, firstname.lastname@example.org