• Z was originally a student of architecture but in 1850 he, along with the famous chemist Justus von Liebig, testified at the murder trial of a young maid accused of killing her mistress by setting her body afire. Initially, it was thought that the death of the woman was caused by spontaneous combustion which occured by the victim drinking too much alcohol. Liebig testified that the woman would have died of alcohol poisoning well before she could have drank enough to make her flammable.• Z then testified, positively identifying a distinctive ring found in the maids possession as being the same ring which belonged to the dead woman. What was so distinctive about this ring?. This design would later inspire Z to make one of the most path breaking postulations in science. Who is Z?
Kekule• The ring had an Ouroboros on it. Namely two serpents eating each other. The design inspired Kekule to structure benzene.
Wenlock and Mandeville, the mascots for the 2012 Olympics in London, England. Wenlock will represent the Olympic games and Mandeville will represent the Paralympic games.
” Two thousand years ago the proudest boast was civis Romanus sum [Iam a Roman citizen]. Today, in the world of freedom, the proudestboast is Ich bin ein Berliner… All free men, wherever they may live, arecitizens of Berlin, and, therefore, as a free man, I take pride in the wordsIch bin ein Berliner!‘ ”Who said this?
This is actually a diagrammaticrepresentation of a Googlebotthis is a software that scrollsthrough webpages on itsown, collecting and processingdata, and categorising it aswell....therefore, it is the basicstructure of any search engine...
characters from Dennis the Menace .... Dennis Lily.... Henry(father)...Mr.Wilson..... Alice(mother)....Margarette(friend)
X has two restaurants: Altitude 95, on the first floor; and the Jules Verne, anexpensive gastronomical restaurant on the second floor, with a private lift. Thisrestaurant has one star in the Michelin RedGuide. In January 2007, the multi-Michelin chef Alain Ducasse was brought in to run Jules Verne. What is X ?
• A common riddle asked in the UK is : “What is always taken to the FA Cup Final, but never used?” a) What is the answer to this riddle? b) Why is it wrong?
• a) The “losers’ ribbon”, because the winners’ ribbon is tied around the Cup. b)Its wrong, because, during the match both the ribbons are tied around the cup and after the match is over the losers’ ribbon is removed.
MadonnaList for most no. of top 10 singles on billboard.
X originally read XLAND, and its purpose was to advertise a newhousing development in the hills above the X district . H.J. Whitleyhad already used a sign to advertise his development WhitleyHeights, which was located between Highland Avenue and VineAvenue. He suggested to his friend Harry Chandler, the owner ofthe Los Angeles Times, that the land syndicate in which he wasinvolved make a similar sign to advertise their land. Real estatedevelopers Woodruff and Shoults called their development Xlandand advertised it as a "superb environment without excessive coston the X side of the hills.”The Crescent Sign Company was hired to do the project.X?
Name Date Added Number on the listVictor Manuel Gerena May 14, 1984 #386Glen Stewart Godwin December 7,1996 #447Y June 7, 1999 #456James Joseph "Whitey" Bulger, Jr. August 19, 1999 #458Robert William Fisher June 29, 2002 #475Jorge Alberto Lopez-Orozco March 17, 2005 #480Emigdio Preciado, Jr. March 14, 2007 #485Alexis Flores June 2, 2007 #487Jason Derek Brown December 8, 2007 #489Edward Eugene Harper November 29, 2008 #491
• He made his football debut at age of 17 with Sportivo Luqueno in Argentina . He played much of his football in the Argentine league , apart from a small stint at Real Zaragoza in Spain .• He was known for his fiery temper and eccentricity that landed many controversies , the most popular one being the brawl with Colombian Faustino Asprilla. He was also sentenced to six months in prison in France for the use of false documents about the compensation for end of his contract with Racing club de Strasbourg.• He scored a total of 62 goals in his professional career, and also holds the record of the being the first person to achieve something which he did in 1999 playing for Velez.• Who am I talking about?
Jose Luis Chilavert of Paraguay The first goal keeper to score a hat-trick
X is a professional boxer who turned to acting.He quit boxing after the severe concussions hehad and the numerous injuries. He becamehugely popular after his performance asRandy “The Ram” Robinson. (Pic in next slide)His entrance music during his boxing days wasGuns and Roses’ “Sweet Child of Mine”
6 Wins (4 knockouts, 2 decisions), 0 Losses, 2 DrawsRes. Record Opponent Type Rd., Time Date Location Notes Scoring was 37-39 for SeptemberDraw 6-0-2 Sean Gibbons Majority draw 4 Davie, Florida, USA Gibbons, 38-38 and 38- 8, 1994 38. NovemberWin 6-0-1 Thomas McCoy TKO 3 (4) Hamburg, Germany 20, 1993Win 5-0-1 Bubba Stotts TKO 3 (4) July 24, 1993 Joplin, MissouriWin 4-0-1 Tom Bentley KO 1 (4) March 30, 1993 Kansas City, Missouri DecemberWin 3-0-1 Terry Jesmer Decision 4 Oviedo, Spain 12, 1992Win 2-0-1 Darrell Miller KO 1 (4), 2:14 June 23, 1991 Tokyo, Japan Scoring was 38-39 forDraw 1-0-1 Francisco Harris Majority draw 4 April 25, 1992 Miami Beach, Florida, Harris, 38-38 and 38-38. Scoring was 38-37, 38- UnanimousWin 1-0 Steve Powell 4 May 23, 1991 Fort Lauderdale, Florida, 37 decision and 39-37.
• Mickey Rourke. He uses the same song as his intro music in the movie Wrestler.
15. Members of a group called the Little Dipper Minus Two Club. X •Died of typhus, possibly early March 1945 Hannah Goslar (a.k.a. Hanneli) •Alive, and living in Israel as of the mid-1990s, with 10 grandchildren Ilse Wagner •Killed 1943 Susanne Ledermann (a.k.a. Sanne) •Killed 1943. Elder sister Barbara married Nobel Laureate Martin Rodbell Jaqueline van Maarsen (a.k.a. Jopie) •Alive in Amsterdam. Works as a bookbinder, and wrote 3 books on her friendship with X, namely, X and Jopie (1990), My Friend, X (1996) and My Name Is ____, She Said, X (2003).Id X.
Doodle on thepiratebay.org after they got slammed with a(nother) lawsuit
34. Shown here is a notice to theatre managers about aparticular film..The manager of this theatre has been instructed, at the riskof his life, not to admit to the theatre any persons after thepicture starts.Any spurious attempts to enter by the doors, theescapes, or ventilating shafts will be met by force.The entire objective of this extraordinary policy, ofcourse, is it helps you enjoy X more.
This European company was busy manufacturing forest products like paper in the initial 130 years of existence . They expanded to manufacturing oftelevision in the 1980’s , but lost a lot of money. It then ventured into the computer field which lead to a total burn out forcing the CEO to take away his life. During Russian recession of early 90’s, it underwent a big slump and was on the verge of termination whenthe new CEO decided to concentrate on just one sector they are now synonymous with . Which company am I talking about?
Roberto Rivelino was famous for his large moustache, thunderouslong-range free kicks, excellent long passes, quick thinking anddistinct way of controlling the ball. He also invented a footballmove called the ________, famously copied byMaradona, Ronaldinho, Zlatan Ibrahimovic and Cristiano Ronaldoin recent years. He started as a futsal player at Clube Atletico Barcelona. Afterthat, he tried his luck with Barcelonas biggest rival infutsal, Corinthians, where he moved on to professional footballand quickly became a favourite of the fans -- and was thereforenicknamed King of the Park.He is sometimes credited with scoring the fastest goal in footballhistory when he supposedly scored a goal direct from the kick-offafter noticing the opposition goalkeeper on his knees finishing offpre-match prayers.Fill the blank..
Whose marriage life is being described?Conrad “Nicky” Hilton (6 May 1950 – 29 January 1951) (divorced)Michael Wilding (21 February 1952 – 26 January 1957) (divorced)Michael Todd (2 February 1957 – 22 March 1958) (widowed)Eddie Fisher (12 May 1959 – 6 March 1964) (divorced)Richard Burton (15 March 1964 – 26 June 1974) (divorced)Richard Burton (again) (10 October 1975 – 29 July 1976) (divorced)John Warner (4 December 1976 – 7 November 1982) (divorced)Larry Fortensky(6 October 1991 – 31 October 1996) (divorced)
After which two famous people in the field of science is this very popular video game character named?
Isaac Clarke from Dead Space, namedafter Arthur C. Clarke and Isaac Asimov
Charlie Chaplin, Laurence Olivier and Roberto Benigni havedirected themselves to acting Oscars !!
___________ is a name attributed by British journalists tothe second metatarsal. X, while playing against Deportivo La Coruna in a UEFAChampions League quarter-final game in 2002, was subjectto a tackle from Argentinas Aldo Duscher. This tackle brokethe second metatarsal in his left foot and seriouslythreatened his national teams chances in the 2002 WorldCup. X was the media darling at the time, and the bone (andthe tackle) received a wave of publicity. Subsequently, thename “___________" was born. Since then, other notable football playersincluding, Daniel Agger, Gary Neville, DannyMurphy, Michael Owen, Gael Clichy, Ashley Cole, LedleyKing and Lionel Messi have suffered fractures to the samebone.
This is the crater on moon that wassupposedly named after Shah rukh khan
X is a small city of around 12000 people in Italy.After the Arab conquest of southern Italy, the townwas dominated by Arabs, who gave it thename Qurlayun. The towns people were knownas “Courageous Civitas” because of its position onthe front line in all wars. The town was also infamousfor its numerous criminal activities.The town became famous in 1969 when _______used this in his works. X?
Corleone.Apparently, Al Pacino’s grandparentsare from Corleone.
Lord Carnarvon died on April 5, 1923 after a mosquito bite becameinfected. His death was 4 months, and 7 days after he did somethingthat led to his death.George Jay Gould I died in the French Riviera on May 16, 1923 afterhe developed a fever.Howard Carter died on March 2, 1939.Which event led to the above deaths?