See the Chart of BSE Performance in 2013 in Narnolia Securities Limited Market Diary 17.02.2014
17TH Feb 2014
SGX NIFTY : 6080 (
18.50 pts Up )
Quote of The Day
"With every new wave of optimism or
pessimism, we are ready to abandon history
and time-tested principles, but we cling
tenaciously and unquestioningly to our
prejudices." Benjamin Graham
EW ALL SHARE
Chart of the Day
BSE Performance in 2013
Index Action-Nifty (14th, Feb, 14)
5 to 7
Narnolia Securities Ltd.
124, 1st floor 7/1, Lords Sinha Road Kolkata -700071. Ph 033-22821500/01/02/03/04 Mob : 9830013196
email: firstname.lastname@example.org, website : www.narnolia.com
Nifty Feb 2014 Future
Nifty Mar 2014 Future
Nifty Feb 2014 Open Interest
Nifty Mar 2014 Open Interest
7 DMA of Spot Nifty
21 DMA of Spot NIfty
50 DMA of Spot Nifty
VOLATILITY INDEX (VIX)
PUT CALL RATIO
Nifty (Feb Series) Option OI Distribution:
Activity of Nifty (Feb Series) Strike
Fresh Long Seen In (Rising OI -Rising Price)
FIIs Activity (Fig in Cr)
Fresh Shorts Seen In: (Rising OI -Falling Price)
Top Price Performers
Top Performers 1D
Top Performers 1W
Worst Price Performers
Top News :
• Amtek Mgt Guideline : Acquisitions would be main growth driver and growth rate would sustain going forward into FY15 and FY16 mainly on
back of recent acquisitions. Acquisition of Neumayer Tekfor and JMTAuto already contributed to growth in quarter gone by, and the acquisition of
German Kuepper Group would add substantially to growth in next fiscal year . Mgt is confident of maintaining margins at current levels because of
improvements in process and productivity.
• Kohinoor Foods Mgt Guideline : Company would be adding 3-4 new products, which would further help their performance going forward. The
turnover in the rice segment will also be better than projected . This year the food business could be around Rs 80 crore and is likely to be bigger
next year because of worldwide distribution of these products . FY15 profits could be to the tune of Rs 18-20 crore .
• Japan-based software solutions and products major NEC is in preliminary talks with HP (erstwhile Hewlett Packard) to buy out its 60.49
percent in Indian software services major MphasiS . NEC is open to paying a premium to buy out HP's Mphasis stake, which at current market
price is worth around Rs 4800 crore.
• Sanghvi Forging & Engineering has bagged order worth Rs 12 crore. The fresh orders have come in from Oil & Gas and Power sector. The
majority of the orders received by the Company are for its new heavy open die forging plant.
• Hotel Leela Clarification : News regrading "Leela to sell 2 hotels for Rs. 2k Cr to pare debt", Hotel Leelaventure Ltd has Clarified to company
would like to clarify that even though the Company is in discussion with various investors, no firm offer is received from any of the investors. The
Company and its senior management continue to evaluate proposals and will make announcement to the Stock Exchanges and investors as and
• DLF has reduced net debt by over Rs 2,500 crore to Rs 17,400 crore following proceeds from sale of luxury hotel chain Amanresorts, and a
refund from DDA.
• JPMSL A/c Copthall Mauritius Investment picked up a little over 0.6 percent stake in Future Retail (formerly Pantaloon Retail) for Rs 13.5 crore
. The firm purchased 14.65 lakh equity shares of the company at Rs 91.88 apiece on the National Stock Exchange.
• The University of Michigan said that consumer sentiment remained unchanged at a seasonally adjusted 81.2, from 81.2 in the preceding
month. Analysts had expected UoM consumer sentiment to fall to 80.6 last month.
• Federal Reserve said that U.S. Capacity Utilization Rate fell to 78.5%, from 78.9% in the preceding month whose figure was revised down from
79.2%. Analysts had expected U.S. Capacity Utilization Rate to rise to 79.3% last month.
• The Federal Reserve said that industrial production fell to -0.3%, from 0.3% in the preceding month . Analysts had expected industrial
production to rise 0.3% last month.
• January WPI at 5.05% Vs 6.16% (MoM) , Fuel & power group inflation at 10.03% Vs 10.98% (MoM) , Manufactured pdts inflation at 2.76% Vs
2.64% (MoM) , Primary articles inflation at 6.84% Vs 10.78% (MoM)
Result Calendar Q3FY14
ABB India Ltd.
Empire State Manufacturing Index , TIC
Building Permits , PPI m/m , Core PPI m/m , Core CPI m/m , Unemployment Claims , CPI
Long-Term Purchases , NAHB Housing
Housing Starts , Crude Oil Inventories .
m/m , Flash Manufacturing PMI .
Market Index .
Claimant Count Change , MPC Asset
Current Account , CPI y/y , PPI Input
Purchase Facility Votes , MPC Official Bank
CBI Industrial Order Expectations , 30- m/m , RPI y/y , German ZEW Economic
Rate Votes , Unemployment Rate , Average
y Bond Auction , 10-y Bond Auction. Sentiment , German 10-y Bond Auction ,
Earnings Index 3m/y , BBA Mortgage
ZEW Economic Sentiment .
German PPI m/m , French Flash
Manufacturing PMI , French Flash Services
PMI , German Flash Manufacturing PMI ,
German Flash Services PMI , Flash
Manufacturing PMI , Flash Services PMI ,
Retail Sales m/m .
Existing Home Sales .
Public Sector Net Borrowing , EU
Economic Forecasts .
N arnolia Securities Ltd
402, 4th floor 7/ 1, Lord s Sinha Road Kolkata 700071, Ph
033-32011233 Toll Free no : 1-800-345-4000
em ail: email@example.com ,
w ebsite : w w w .narnolia.com
Risk Disclosure & Disclaimer: This report/message is for the personal information of
the authorized recipient and does not construe to be any investment, legal or taxation
advice to you. Narnolia Securities Ltd. (Hereinafter referred as NSL) is not soliciting any
action based upon it. This report/message is not for public distribution and has been
furnished to you solely for your information and should not be reproduced or
redistributed to any other person in any from. The report/message is based upon publicly
available information, findings of our research wing “East wind” & information that we
consider reliable, but we do not represent that it is accurate or complete and we do not
provide any express or implied warranty of any kind, and also these are subject to change
without notice. The recipients of this report should rely on their own investigations,
should use their own judgment for taking any investment decisions keeping in mind that
past performance is not necessarily a guide to future performance & that the the value of
any investment or income are subject to market and other risks. Further it will be safe to
assume that NSL and /or its Group or associate Companies, their Directors, affiliates
and/or employees may have interests/ positions, financial or otherwise, individually or
otherwise in the recommended/mentioned securities/mutual funds/ model funds and
other investment products which may be added or disposed including & other mentioned
in this report/message.