Commodity price of Gold, Sliver, Copper, doller/Rs and many more. Narnolia Securities Limited Market Diary 03.02.2014
3rd Feb 2014
SGX NIFTY : 6072 (
31 pts Down )
Quote of The Day
"Obvious prospects for physical growth in
a business do not translate into obvious
profits for investors."
EW ALL SHARE
Chart of the Day
India's Total Debt Components
31th Jan, 14
Index Action-Nifty (31th Jan, 14)
4 - 16
16 - 17
31th Jan, 14
Narnolia Securities Ltd.
124, 1st floor 7/1, Lords Sinha Road Kolkata -700071. Ph 033-22821500/01/02/03/04 Mob : 9830013196
email: email@example.com, website : www.narnolia.com
Top Price Performers
Top Performers 1D
Top Performers 1W
Worst Price Performers
Top News :
• Daiichi Sankyo Co said it would step up support of Indian drugmaking arm Ranbaxy Laboratories and send personnel to help resolve
problems at a factory that US regulators have banned from supplying pharmaceutical ingredients. Company has already put a lot of effort into
company support but that has not been enough .
• Tata Power Company said it had agreed to sell its 30 percent stake in coal mining firm PT Arutmin Indonesia to Indonesia's Bakrie Group for
USD 500 million. Tata Power signed the agreement through its wholly owned units, the company said in a statement, without specifying them.
• Maruti Jan Auto sales No : -10.3 % ( YoY ) , +12.6 % ( YoY ) . TVS Jan Auto sales No : +5.9 % ( YoY ) , + 16.8 % ( YoY ) . Atul Auto Jan Auto sales
No : -5.1 % ( YoY ) , + 18.6 % ( YoY ) . Tata motors Jan Auto sales No : -34.3 % ( YoY ) , + 6.9 % ( YoY ) .
• Glenmark Pharmaceuticals Ltd have approved a proposal to merge its subsidiaries i.e. Glenmark Generics Ltd. ("GGL") and Glenmark Access
Ltd. ("GAL") with GPL. As on date 99.33% of the share capital of GGL is being held by GPL (including 1.19% being held by GAL, a wholly owned
subsidiary of GPL). Per the Scheme, the remaining shareholders holding 0.67% (10,16,741 equity shares) of the share capital of GGL will be
issued shares of GPL at a swap ratio which has been determined as 4 shares of GPL of Re. 1 each for every 5 shares of Rs. 10 each held by the
shareholders of GGL.
• Securities and Board Exchange of India (SEBI) fined Unilever Plc (ULVR.L) 5 million rupees for being late in making certain disclosures tied to
its open offer for its domestic unit Hindustan Unilever Ltd last year. SEBI did not specify which disclosures Unilever had issued late. Under
Indian rules, companies are required to make certain statements when they are involved in takeovers.
• A major fire occurred on January 30, 2014 evening in one of the warehouse of the FSCSL situated at Jigni, Bengaluru. The fire was controlled
after few hours. Further, in addition to inventory of other customers of FSCSL inventory of the Company as also/that of Company’s whollyowned subsidiary Future Value Retail Limited (FVRL), was also damaged in the fire. However, since the quantum of the inventory of the
Company and FVRL was not significant, there would not be any impact on the operations of the Company or that of FVRL. The inventory of the
Company and FVRL is fully insured.
• The U.S. Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) has downgraded India's aviation safety ranking, which means Indian carriers cannot increase
flights to the United States and face additional checks for existing flights .
• The University of Michigan said that consumer sentiment rose to a seasonally adjusted 81.2, from 80.4 in the preceding month. Analysts had
expected UoM consumer sentiment to rise to 81.0 last month.
• The Bureau of Economic Analysis said that personal spending rose to a seasonally adjusted 0.4%, from 0.6% in the preceding month whose
figure was revised up from 0.5%. Analysts had expected personal spending to rise 0.2% last month.
• Bureau of Labor Statistics said that U.S. employment cost index rose to a seasonally adjusted 0.5%, from 0.4% in the preceding quarter.
Analysts had expected U.S. employment cost index to remain unchanged at 0.4% in the last quarter.
Management Tweets :
• Brigade Mgt Guideline : The company saw strong margin growth, which was aided by the revenue recognition of new projects. Mgt says the
last quarter is likely to be better than Q3 and the company will launch about 3.3 million square feet projects across all segments. The company
is likely to see better realisations in the days to come. For the year it will be better than the Q3 realisations as the present selling price is far
better than that .
• Titagarh Wagons Mgt Guideline : The Railways has not finalised any tender for wagons in the past 2.5 years, which has caused a lot of pain
for wagon makers like Titagarh Wagons . So much so that its net sales fell 80 percent and the company recorded a loss on an EBIT level. Mgt
expects a tender to get finalised in the next few weeks. there have been reports of a drop in railways' earnings for the first time. Mgt says it is a
vicious cycle, if comapny do not make new capital investment it would hit their earnings. Mgt refrained from giving any forward looking
projections at this point of time.
• Ashok Leyland Mgt Guideline : It is important to continue to launch new products. Mgt says in this industry having the right products is
imperative. Company is looking for an improvement in the fourth quarter. Every year the company plans to see ways to further expand its
portfolio and presence in the LCV segment .
• Arvind Mgt Guideline : Company is confident of outperforming all its earlier guidances buoyed by the recovery seen in export markets like
US and Europe. The company will maintain its 20 percent growth and outperform its volume guidance of 14 percent. With capex plans of 12
metric tonne in garment business in Gujarat and Karnataka, Lalbhai is aiming at a 30-40 percent growth in FY15 topline.
• Motherson Sumi Mgt Guideline : Company was very confident of the company posting a very good performance going ahead too from most
of their parameters. The company has a strong order book both domestic and international. Both their subsidiaries Samvardhana Motherson
Reflectec (SMR) and German-based Peguform delivered operational improvement in the quarter gone by. Going forward the company could
see reduction in overall debt by about 6.5-7 percent over last year
• Havells India Mgt Guideline : The mgmt maintained its revenue guidance of 11% - 12% and OPM of 13% - 13.5% in domestic business, while
expects Sylvania to report 5 - 5.5% OPM in FY14.
• ICICI Bank Mgt Guideline : Bank expect improvement in agricultural sector growth, but overall economic recovery to remain slow .
Improvement in the current account deficit and mobilization of about USD 34 billion under the swap facilities, helped Rupee to stabilize . While
the pace of restructuring of loans is expected to continue to increase in the coming quarter, healthy core operating trends gives the ability to
absorb the higher level of provisioning arising out of the credit cycle. Full year provisioning as a percentage of average loans would not exceed
90-100 basis points. Bank has maintained the NIM improvement guidance of 20 bps in FY2014 over 3.11% in FY2013. Bank proposes to contain
the expense ratio below 40% in FY2014 .
Firstsource Solutions Mgt Guideline : Company have enough leverage in the business to mitigate the wage hikes next year . Q3 is seasonally a
weak quarter for the company given the US holiday season but there has been improvement in profitability on account of actions taken in the
past related to low profitable or non-profitable accounts for which there was a methodical basis of shutting them down or renegotiating
Final Manufacturing PMI , ISM
Manufacturing PMI , Construction
Spending m/m , ISM Manufacturing
Prices , Total Vehicle Sales .
Factory Orders m/m , IBD/TIPP
Economic Optimism ,Loan Officer
ADP Non-Farm Employment Change ,ISM
Non-Manufacturing PMI ,Crude Oil
Trade Balance ,Unemployment Claims ,Prelim
Nonfarm Productivity q/q ,Prelim Unit Labor
Non-Farm Employment Change ,
Unemployment Rate , Average Hourly
Earnings m/m .
Spanish Manufacturing PMI , Halifax
HPI m/m , Italian Manufacturing PMI
, Final Manufacturing PMI ,
Manufacturing PMI , German 30-y
Bond Auction .
Spanish Unemployment Change ,
Construction PMI , Italian Prelim CPI
m/m , PPI m/m .
Auto sales no .HSBC manufacturing
French 10-y Bond Auction , Spanish 10-y Bond
German Trade Balance , French Gov
Spanish Services PMI , Italian Services PMI , Auction , German Factory Orders m/m ,Asset Budget Balance ,French Trade Balance ,
Final Services PMI , Services PMI ,Retail Purchase Facility ,Official Bank Rate ,MPC Rate Manufacturing Production m/m , Trade
Sales m/m ,
Statement ,Minimum Bid Rate , ECB Press
Balance , Italian 10-y Bond Auction ,
German Industrial Production m/m .
HSBC India Services PMI , HSBC India
Result Calendar Q3FY14
DCM Shriram Cons
Procter & Gamble
Indo Tech Transf
Kirloskar Oil Engines
Lotus Eye Care
N arnolia Securities Ltd
402, 4th floor 7/ 1, Lord s Sinha Road Kolkata 700071, Ph
033-32011233 Toll Free no : 1-800-345-4000
em ail: firstname.lastname@example.org ,
w ebsite : w w w .narnolia.com
Risk Disclosure & Disclaimer: This report/message is for the personal information of
the authorized recipient and does not construe to be any investment, legal or taxation
advice to you. Narnolia Securities Ltd. (Hereinafter referred as NSL) is not soliciting any
action based upon it. This report/message is not for public distribution and has been
furnished to you solely for your information and should not be reproduced or
redistributed to any other person in any from. The report/message is based upon publicly
available information, findings of our research wing “East wind” & information that we
consider reliable, but we do not represent that it is accurate or complete and we do not
provide any express or implied warranty of any kind, and also these are subject to change
without notice. The recipients of this report should rely on their own investigations,
should use their own judgment for taking any investment decisions keeping in mind that
past performance is not necessarily a guide to future performance & that the the value of
any investment or income are subject to market and other risks. Further it will be safe to
assume that NSL and /or its Group or associate Companies, their Directors, affiliates
and/or employees may have interests/ positions, financial or otherwise, individually or
otherwise in the recommended/mentioned securities/mutual funds/ model funds and
other investment products which may be added or disposed including & other mentioned
in this report/message.