• Partee (1984)
• The meaning of an expression is a function of the
meanings of its parts and of the way they are
• The meaning of a phrase or sentence is its truth
conditions which are expressed in terms of truth
relative to a model.
2015-05-31 OS-1 (2)意味と理解のコンピューティング 3
… packed with people drinking beer or wine. Many restaurants …
… as some of the world's most beer-loving people with an aver…
into alcoholic drinks such as beer or hard liquor and derive …
…ző is a pub offering draught beer and sometimes meals. The b…
…able bottles and for draught beer and cider in British pubs.
… in miles per hour, pints of beer, and inches for clothes. M…
…ns and for pints for draught beer, cider, and milk sales. The
carbonated beverages such as beer and soft drinks in …
…g of a few young people to a beer blast or fancy formal party.
and alcoholic drinks, like beer and mead, contributed to
People are depicted drinking beer, listening to music, flirt…
… and for the pint of draught beer sold in pubs (see Metricat…
分布仮説 (Harris 1954; Firth 1957)
You shall know a word by the company it keeps
2015-05-31 OS-1 (2)意味と理解のコンピューティング 7
• M Baroni and R Zamparelli. 2010. Nouns are vectors, adjectives are matrices:
representing adjective-noun constructions in semantic space. EMNLP-2010, pp. 1183-
• Y Bengio, R Ducharme, P Vincent, C Janvin. 2003. A neural probabilistic language model.
Journal of Machine Learning Research, 3:1137-1155.
• J Bullinaria and J Levy. 2007. Extracting semantic representations from word co-
occurrence statistics: A computational study. Behavior Research Methods, 39:510–526.
• R Collobert and J Weston. 2008. A unified architecture for natural language processing:
Deep neural networks with multitask learning. ICML-2008, pp. 160-167.
• S Deerwester, S Dumais, G Furnas, T Landauer, R Harshman. 1990. Indexing by latent
semantic analysis. Journal of the American Society for Information Science, 41(6):391-
• J Firth. 1957. A synopsis of linguistic theory 1930-1955. In Studies in Linguistic Analysis,
• J Fodor, Z Pylyshyn. 1988. Connectionism and cognitive architecture: A critical analysis.
• G Frege. 1892. Über Begriff und Gegenstand. Vierteljahresschrift für wissenschaftliche
• Z Harris. 1954. Distributional structure. Word, 10(23):146-162.
2015-05-31 OS-1 (2)意味と理解のコンピューティング 40
• G Hinton, J McClelland, and D Rumelhart. 1986. Distributed representations. In Parallel
distributed processing: Explorations in the microstructure of cognition, Volume I.
Chapter 3, pp. 77-109, Cambridge, MA: MIT Press.
• G Lakoff. 1977. Linguistic gestalts. In Papers from the 13th regional meeting, pp. 236–
• O Levy and Y Goldberg. 2014. Neural word embedding as implicit matrix factorization.
NIPS 2014, pp. 2177–2185.
• O Levy, Y Goldberg, and I Dagan. 2015. Improving distributional similarity with lessons
learned from word embeddings. TACL, 3:211-225.
• T Mikolov, K Chen, G Corrado, and J Dean. 2013a. Efficient estimation of word
representations in vector space. In Proceedings of Workshop at ICLR, 2013.
• T Mikolov, I Sutskever, K Chen, G Corrado, and J Dean. 2013b. Distributed
representations of words and phrases and their compositionality. In NIPS 2013, pp.
• J Mitchell and M Lapata. 2010. Composition in distributional models of semantics.
Cognitive Science, 34:1388–1429.
• M Muraoka, S Shimaoka, K Yamamoto, Y Watanabe, N Okazaki and K Inui. 2014. Finding
the best model among representative compositional models. PACLIC-28, pp. 65-74.
2015-05-31 OS-1 (2)意味と理解のコンピューティング 41
• B Partee. 1984. Compositionality. Varieties of formal semantics: Proceedings of the 4th
Amsterdam colloquium (Groningen-Amsterdam studies in semantics, No. 3, pp. 281–
• B Partee. 1995. Lexical semantics and compositionality. Invitation to cognitive science
part I: Language, pp. 311–360.
• J Pennington, R Socher, and C Manning. 2014. Glove: Global vectors for word
representation. In EMNLP-2014, pp. 1532–1543.
• J Pollack. 1990. Recursive distributed representations. Artificial Intelligence, 46(1):77-105.
• P Smolensky. 1990. Tensor product variable binding and the representation of symbolic
structures in connectionist networks. Artificial Intelligence, 46:159-216.
• R Socher, J Pennington, E Huang, A Ng, and C Manning. 2011. Semi-supervised
recursive autoencoders for predicting sentiment distributions. EMNLP-2011, pp. 151-
• R Socher, B Huval, C Manning and A Ng. 2012. Semantic compositionality through
recursive matrix-vector spaces. EMNLP-2012, pp. 1201-1211.
• R Socher, A Perelygin, J Wu, J Chuang, C Manning, A Ng and C Potts. Recursive deep
models for semantic compositionality over a sentiment treebank. EMNLP-2013, pp.
• 高瀬翔, 岡崎直観, 乾健太郎. 構成性に基づく関係パタンの意味計算. 言語処理学会第21
回年次大会, pp. 640-643, 2015.
2015-05-31 OS-1 (2)意味と理解のコンピューティング 42