Be the first to like this
New Media Studies of Motorola by Boyoung Nam- Presentation Transcript
1. Motorola Social Media Marketing Strategy
Boyoung Nam- NMDL 2011
2. History: an American multinational telecommunications company founded in 1928 Produced car radios and TV receivers Invented cellular phone technology divided into two independent public companies, Motorola Mobility and Motorola Solutions on January 4, 2011
3. Values: Motorola remain committed to driving ethical standards through their supply chain to play a central role in improving social and environmental conditions in the electronics industry, while maintaining the superior quality of our products.
4. Goals: Reduce its costs, standardize its processes to improve quality Reduce time to market By 2016, Motorola aim to reduce from 2011 levels, the environmental footprint of our operations, including greenhouse gas emissions, water use and waste generation.
5. Challenges: Competitors Competitors: Nokia Samsung Ericsson iphone LG
Faced with dual challenges of climate change and resource scarcity, finding ways to reuse and recycle more materials and products is an imperative.
6. Market Trends: Among the top three players in the industry includes Samsung, LG and Motorola with 25.3 %, 21.3 % and 14.5 % of the U.S. market share, respectively
7. Strategy: Motorola offer a market more affordable mobile handsets that still offer some of the basic capabilities of smart phones such as touch screen, Wi-Fi, multimedia functions and ability to run third party applications. The aim of the strategy is to increase the market segment that appeals to Motorola mobiles without investing too much on the research and development as opposed to offering the market with high end mobile phone with high functionality and high cost but eventually losing out to more sought-after products such as the Apple Iphone.
8. Target audience: the smart phone has the highest penetration rate among 25 – 34 years old with 64 percent penetration rate followed by 18 – 24 year olds and 35 – 44 year olds with a penetration rate of 54 percent and 53 percent respectively
9. Motorola Utilizes Social Media
10. Budget in order to be able to take advantage of the internet, it is highly recommended that Motorola would allocate some financial resources for ad words. Simply choosing right ad words does not place the Motorola webpage on top of the search query. In fact, using the ad word “smart phone”, the company would need to allot about $4.61 per click in order to be on the top . This would take advantage of over 1 million global searches and 368 thousand local searches with an estimated 361 daily click that can cost the company $1,663 everyday