Chapter Three                   Data presentation, analysis and InterpretationThis part of the research is devoted to data...
Table 3.4 income distribution        Description             frequency %        Income distribution        level(in birr)/...
Yearly                -                    -        Total                 18                   99.98As indicated in the ab...
product day to day. the remaining 3(16.66%) of the respondent responded as theybought vegetables, milk & dairy products on...
As the above tab le 3.10 implied, that the majority 14(77.77%) of the respondentsTable 3.10 Ingredient that labeled on the...
Table 3.13 Claude defectivenessWhat was the cause for that                    Frequency                    Percentdefectiv...
Table 3.15 Majors problems of Company’sArea of Problem                           Frequency                         Percent...
On item of                              18                           99.99%       the product       TotalAs indicated in t...
Table 3.20 indicated that majority 15(83.33%) of the respond answered as that quality and priceof genesis’s product match....
get?Cash discountQuantity discount                             4                            22.22 %Functional Discount    ...
As implied in table 3.25 ( 35.55% ) of the respondent replied as both personal and non personalcommunication channels are ...
Ball Boards                                   2                              11.11%Misery                                 ...
By giving sampleNo introducing                               7                            38.88%Missing                   ...
Humor                                                                       -Sense of -------missing                      ...
Poor                                            1                              5.55%Total                                 ...
The presentation and data analysis in this study is based on the response made by the       target population and informat...
Q. What about promotion?    Manager    Our promotional strategy is “building good image in the minds of customers by deli...
50% of the respondents were responded that the company’s new product has mediumquality.66.66% of the respondent answered t...
Nahu
Upcoming SlideShare
Loading in …5
×

Nahu

412 views

Published on

Published in: Education, Business, Technology
0 Comments
0 Likes
Statistics
Notes
  • Be the first to comment

  • Be the first to like this

No Downloads
Views
Total views
412
On SlideShare
0
From Embeds
0
Number of Embeds
3
Actions
Shares
0
Downloads
2
Comments
0
Likes
0
Embeds 0
No embeds

No notes for slide

Nahu

  1. 1. Chapter Three Data presentation, analysis and InterpretationThis part of the research is devoted to data presentation, analysis and interpretation .outof 20 questionnaire distributed 18(90%) of them were correctly filled up and returned.Every item of in the questionnaire were presented, analyzed and interpreted as shownin the following tables.Table 3.1 sex distribution of respondent Sex frequency % Male 3 16.66 Female 15 83.33 Total 18 99.99As stated the above table (3.1), the females were greater number of respondent,18(83.33%) whereas relatively lesser number of respondent, 3(16.66%) were males.Table 3.2 Age distribution of the respondent Age Frequency % 15-20 1 5.55 20-25 4 22.22 25-30 9 50 30-35 4 22.22 Total 18 99.99Table 3.2 indicates that the order of age distribution of respondent is as follow: 25-30,9(50%),20-25,4(22.22%),30-35,4(22.22%) and only 1(5.55%) the respondent is under 20years old .Table 3.3 Marital status Description Frequency % Married 11 61.11 Un married 7 38.88 Total 18 99.99As implied in table 3.3, the number of married respondent from the total number ofrespondent, 11(61.11%) and the remaining 7(38.88%) of the respondent were UNmarried.
  2. 2. Table 3.4 income distribution Description frequency % Income distribution level(in birr)/month Above 5000 2 11.11 3000-5000 - - 2000-3000 2 11.11 1000-2000 5 27.77 Below( 1000) 9 50 Total 18 99.99Table 3.4 shows that majority or half 9(50%) of the respondent were get below 1000 birrper month .5(27.77%) of the respondent b/n 1000 and 2000, 2(11.11%) b/n 2000-3000,2(11.11%) above 5000.Table 3.5 time duration of purchase Duration in year frequency % 1-5 12 66.66 5-10 6 22.22 Above 10 2 11.11 Total 18 99.99As indicated in the above table the majority of the respondent, 12(66.66%) of therespondent were stayed on purchase b/n 1-5 year, 6 (22.22%) of the respondent werestayed b/n 5-10 years .the remaining 2(11.11%) of the respondent were above 10 yearcustomer.Table 3.6 frequency of purchase Description frequency % How do you explain your frequency of purchase? Daily 8 44.44 Weakly 6 33.33 Daily & weakly 3 16.66 Monthly 1 5.55
  3. 3. Yearly - - Total 18 99.98As indicated in the above table 3.6, 8(44.44%) of the respondent replied that theypurchased the product of genesis daily, 6(33.33%) of the respondent were includedunder weakly basis, 3(16.66) bought daily and weekly. Only 1(5.55%) of the respondentresponded as he monthly bought.Table 3.7 , About what kind of product do customers buy daily, weekly, monthly andyearly. Product Purchase frequency frequency % item vegetables Daily 1 5.5 Daily & weekly - - Weekly 1 5.5 Monthly - - Yearly - - Vegetables , milk & dairy Daily 6 33.33 Daily and weekly 7 38.88 Weekly 3 16.66 Monthly - - Yearly - - Flower - Daily - - Daily & weekly - - Weekly - - Monthly - - Yearly - - workshop - Daily - - Daily & weekly - - Weekly - - Monthly - - Yearly - -Table 3.7 shows that 7(38.88%) of the respondent bought vegetables, milk & dairyproduct daily & weekly, 6(33.33%) of the respondent bought vegetable, milk and dairy
  4. 4. product day to day. the remaining 3(16.66%) of the respondent responded as theybought vegetables, milk & dairy products on weekly.Table 3.8 purpose of purchase For what purpose frequency % do you buy? For resale - - For home 18 100 consumption total 18 100The above table indicate that all 18(100%) of the respondent were responded the reasonwhy they bought genesis product is that for home consumption.Table 3.9 product differentiation Term of frequency % differentiation Quality & price 5 27.77 Quality & freshness 1 5.55 Quality & 1 5.55 availability Quality, price & 8 44..44 freshness missing 3 16.66 total 18 99.97As table 3.9 exhibits, 8(44.44%) of the respondent differentiate the company’s productby quality, price, & freshness aspect of the product. And 5(27.77%) of the respondentwere responded as they differentiate in terms of quality & price of the product. 1(5.55%)of the respondent by quality & freshness, 1(5.55%) of the respondent quality availabilityof the product. Nothing could be said about the remaining 3(16.66%) of the respondentwith respect to how the differentiate the company’s product.Table 3.10 , about ingredients labeling of the product on the package. The ingredients that labeled Frequency % on the package are the same what is there inside? Yes 14 77.77 No 1 5.55 Missing 3 16.66 total 18 99.98
  5. 5. As the above tab le 3.10 implied, that the majority 14(77.77%) of the respondentsTable 3.10 Ingredient that labeled on the packageThe Ingredient that labeled on Frequency Percentthe labeled e product and whatthere in the same?Yes 14 77.77%No 1 5.55%Missing 3 16.66%Total 18 99.98%As the table 3.10 implied The majority 14( 77.77% ) of the respondent were said The ingredientthat written on the package and what there inside is the sane While on /of 1/5.55% ) respondnot the same and the remaining respondent 3(16.66%) missing to fill or notify to said .Table 3. 1, Explanation about genesis’s new product in terms of quality.Terms of explanation Frequency PercentHigh quality 8 44.44%Medium quality 9 5o%Low 1 5.5%Total 18 99.94Table 3.11 explained that 9(50%) of the respondent the genesis’s new product has mediumquality and 8 (44.44%) of the respond at respond as genesis product has high quality. Only onepersona (1) 5.5 % or Respondent said low quality.Table 3.12 about buying defect productDo you ever get defect Frequency PercentProduct while you bay fromgenesis?Yes 6 33.33%No 12 66.66%Total 18 99.99%As indicated above table. Majority 12(66.66%) of the respondent never brought any defectproduct from the Company Where as the remaining 6(33.33 %) of the company.
  6. 6. Table 3.13 Claude defectivenessWhat was the cause for that Frequency Percentdefectiveness? Week Production Process -- - Poor Product quality 1 5.5% Poor pack porgy quality - - Poor storage quality Missy 17 94.44% Total 18 99.99%Table 3.13 Shows that the majority 17(94.44%) of the respondent missed filling the item andonly 1(5.5%) of the respondent answered as poor package quality is the cause for thatdefectiveness.Table 3.14 what must genesis does to sustain its growth and profitabilityWhat was the cause for that Frequency Percentdefectiveness? Models - - Performance - -Add market segmentation new 4 22.22% Features - - Quality - -Promotion new campaign 8 44.44% Test - - Packable Style - -Quality and proposal cam pain 6 33.33% Total 18 99.99%Table 3.14 stated that 8(44.44%) of the respondent answered that to its growth and profit tabletire can pain about product while 6(33.33%) of the respondent said that It also work hand onqualify improvement and promotional campaign and the remaining 4(22.22%) of the respondentsaid that it must add new market segment.
  7. 7. Table 3.15 Majors problems of Company’sArea of Problem Frequency PercentQuality 1 5.5%PricePromotion 12 66.66%Distribution 3 16.66%Missing y 2 11.11%Total 18 99.87As table 3.15 implied the majority 12(66.66%) of the respondent said the major problem of thecompany is related with product promotion, 3(16.66%) of the respondent respond as distributionis the major problem and 1 (5.5%) of the respondent said Quality the major problem. Only 2(11.11%) of the respondent were missing to fill the item.Table 3.16 Product improvementDo you ever seen different Frequency Percentkids of product improvement?Yes 18 100%No -Total 18 100%As stated in table 3.16 all 18(100%) of the respondent answers as the over seen different kindsof product improve mat on Genesis product.Table 3.17 In Which product do you ever seen?Improved product item Frequency Pwrcent Vegetables 9 50% Milk and Dairy 3 16.66% Flower Chicken and egg Work shop 6 33.33%
  8. 8. On item of 18 99.99% the product TotalAs indicated in the above half 9( 50% ) of the respondent respond that as majorly improvementof the product emphasized on vegetables , 6( 33.33% ) of the respondent rile is impartment onall product item and 3 ( 16.66%) of the respondent seen different kind of improve met on Milkand dairy product .Table 3.18 Evaluation about that impotentTerms of evaluation Frequency PercentExcellent 2 11.11%Very good 14 77.77%Good 2 11.11%Total 18 99.99%Table 3.18 implied that majority 14(77.77 %) of the respondent get that improvement in verygood manner while 2(11.11%) ne respond at answered as that improvement was good .Table 3.19 is there any product that you not buy or stop to buy from genesis?Answer Frequency PercentYes - -No 18 100 %Total 100%As Shown in table 3.19 , all 18(100%) of the respondent answered as still they are customers ofgenesis.Table 3.20 Quality and priceDo you think that the quality Frequency Percentand price of the productmuch?Yes 15 83.33%No 1 5.5%Missing 2 11.11%
  9. 9. Table 3.20 indicated that majority 15(83.33%) of the respond answered as that quality and priceof genesis’s product match. (5.5%) of re respondent said that the quality and rice of the productnot much and 2(11.11%) of the respond at missing to fill Re item.Table 3.21 factors that must consider when price is set.In your opinion what factors Frequency Percentdoes genesis consider while itsets price for its product? It’s marketing objective production cost Customer purchasing 11 61.11% power Nature of the market 7 38.88%Total 18 99.99%As Table 3.21 shows 11(61%) of the respondent said when genesis is set it’s products price itmust considers purchasing power while the limit 7(38.00%) of the case to mars said it mustConsider nature of the market.Table 3.22 Price discountDoes genesis has a room for Frequency Percentdiscount when customers arebuyer from it?Yes 9 30%No 6 33.33%Missing 3 16.66%Total 18 99.99%Table 3.22 implied that 9( 50% ) of the respondent respond that as gene sis eras a room fordiscount when customers are bought .at certain amount of product whereas 6( 33.33% ) of therespondent said it has no a room for discount and the reaming 3( 16.66% ) of the respond atmissing to fill the item.Table 3.23 kind of discountWhat kind of discount to you Frequency Percent
  10. 10. get?Cash discountQuantity discount 4 22.22 %Functional Discount 4 22.22%Seasonal sis count 10 55.55 %MissingTotal 18 99.99%As Shown in the above table 3.23, 10(55.55%) of the respondent get seasonal discount,4(22.22%) of the respondent got Quantity discount and the remaining 4(22.22%) of the respondat also got ran caption they bought certain amount.Table 3.24 Promotional pricingWhat kind of promotional Frequency Percentpricing strategy does thecompany follow to reduce itsprice? Special event pricing 6 33.33% Cash rebates - Longer warranties - Free maintenances 12 66.66%Total 18 99.99%As indicated above 12 (66.66%) of the respondent have said as free maintenance is itspromotional price strategy while 6(33.33%) of the respondent respond as special event priced isits promotional prior strategy.Table 3.25 kind of Communication channelWhat kind of communication Frequency Percentchannel does genesis use? Personal 3 16.66% Non Personal Both 10 55.55% Missing 5 27.77%Total 18 99.99%
  11. 11. As implied in table 3.25 ( 35.55% ) of the respondent replied as both personal and non personalcommunication channels are used by genesis when 3( 16.66%) of the respondent said personalcommunication channel used by genesis and 5( 27.77 ) has nether about whether personal or nonpersonal .Table 3.26 about promotional tools that are used by genesis By which promotional tool do Frequency Percentyou get information about thecompany’s product? Advertising 4 22.22% Public relation Personal selling Direct promoting Sales promotion other 14 77.77%Total 18 99.99%Table 3.26 indicated that majority 14 ( 77.77% ) of the respondent get information from othertools like by hearing from persons talks while 4 ( 22.22 % ) the respond at get from when itadvection its product by different media .Table 3.27 Kind of media.By what kind of media does Frequency Percentgenesis advertise its product?TV 3 16.66%Radio - -Internet - -Magazines - -New paper - -TV and internet -Banners - -
  12. 12. Ball Boards 2 11.11%Misery 4 22.22%Total 9 50% 18 99.99%As stated in the about table ( 50% ) of the respondent new missed fill the items are 4( 22.22% )of respondent all medium # ( 16.66% ) of the respondent TV and 2 (11.11% ) of the respondentSaid bill boards.Table 3.28 What VehicleBy What vehicle? Frequency PercentDo you get? TV ETV2 3 16.66% Radio FM 90.1 92.1 96.3 102.1 By their neb Set ( row 4 22.22% pansies ---------Bill borides 10 55.55%Miss 1 5.55%Total 18 99.98Table 3.28 Shows that 10 (55.55 %) of the respondent mere answered pet in genesis advertise bybill board 4(22.22%) respondent by internet and 3(16.66%) or the respondent by Etv2. Only1(5.55%) of the respondent was missing total the item.Table 3.29 how genesis introduce its new products?How geneses introduce its Frequency Percentprowlers?By different -Media 4 22.22%By board notice -
  13. 13. By giving sampleNo introducing 7 38.88%Missing 7 38.88%Total 17 99.98%As implied above 7(38.88%) of the respondent were said as no introducing activity by any typeof media when the company produce new product. (22.22%) of the respondent respond whengenesis produce new product it introduce by different kinds of media while 7 (38.88%) of therespondent missing to fill the item.Table 30 The Message Excision style of the company’s promotional activity?How could you see the Frequency Percentmessage execution stele ofthe company’s promotionalactivity? Factual 13 72.22% Dramatization 16.66% Comparison 3 Animation TestimonialsMissing 2 11.11%Total 18 99.99%Table30 stated that 13(72.22%) of the respondent said that the message execution of thecompany focuses on facts where as 3(16.66%) of the respondent respond comparison and onlymissing 2(11.11%) of the respondent missing to fill the item.3.31 Promotional massageWhat Show the company’s Frequency Percentpromotional message?Product quality 11 61.11%Value /performance -Pride -Joy -
  14. 14. Humor -Sense of -------missing 7 38.88%Total 18 99.99%As implied above 11(61.11%) of the respondent said the promotional message 7(38.88%) of therespond at missing to fill the item.Table 3.32 Product distributionHow could you (Where) bay Frequency Percentthe company’s product?Direct from the company 5 22.22%From intermediary - -Flow both 13 72.22%Total 18 99.99%As indicated in the above table most 13 (72.22%) of the respondent bought the company’sproducts both directly from the company’s supermarkets and from intermediaries and theremaining 5 (22.22%) of respondent bought from directly from the company.Table 3.33 How distributed its product.How does the company Frequency Percentdistribute its product?Intensively 18 100%Selectively -Exclusively -Total 18 100%As shown in the above table all 18(100%) of the responded said as the company distribute itsproduct sold and also the company itself also engage in distribute its product its comers.Table 3.33 evaluation about distribution systemHow do you evaluate the Frequency Percentdistribution system of thecompany?ExcellentVery good 15 83.33%Good 2 11.11%
  15. 15. Poor 1 5.55%Total 18 99.99%As indicated in the above the majority 15 (83.33%) of the respondent replied that re respondentsystem of the company is very good. 2(11.11%) of the respondent said that its distributionsystem is good where as only 1(5.5%) of the respondent replied as re company’s distributionsystems poor.Chapter FourSummary finding conclusion and recommendation4.1. SummaryIn this research, researcher has tried to assess how Agricultural marketing strategy theories andapproaches are implemented genesis farm Ethiopia PLC.As me could understand from the pep or this research has three chapters be for this Summarythat included under introduce review related literature and date collection presentationinterpretation respectively .The necessary data were collected by interview question aim andobservation. The main objective of this study is to assess. The Agricultural marketing strategy of genesis farm Ethiopia. Plant finely addressing problem related with this strategy that the company face at the current time with respective solution as much as possible. Many different specific Objectives how been mentioned in the context of the general objective. Agricultural marketing strategy is the combination of different important actions problem based solution. Insights and to meet the particular condition to solve ascertain problem or to achieve a desirable end.
  16. 16. The presentation and data analysis in this study is based on the response made by the target population and information data gathered from the marketing manager though interview. The methodologies that for data analysis was convenience samples techniques because it used within availability and willingness’s of respondents and also solves the cost and effort. Interviews questions Question how could you explain your company’s product strategy? Answer  As the interviewee replied that the company has no brief and clear the so called product that meets with difficult theories and approach they produce products has different modern production materials with experienced employees without and Degree and Diploma. . It also has fertile seed of milk cows and collects from farmer and then produces the new product then sold.Q2. What’s your pricing strategy?  The manager said that, the company apply different product price based on their production cost. If the product cost is high the price also become high whereas the production cost is low then the price will be come low. Eg , pasteurize milk and unpasteurized milk didn’t charge equal price.Q. Is there any price deference when you sold at Addis and around this area mean that doesyour company add transportation cost?Answer. The manager said “No!” price is equal.Q. Do you say this pricing strategy is competent with your rivals?Answer  Of course to certain extent it could be because our company is has no much production cost our due to - Production are availability - We used to produce products (especially vegetables, Fruits and other Agricultural products organic composed. we have no expense for other artificial fertilizers. but others do. so we are cost effective. doe to this reason we have large amount of customer than others.
  17. 17. Q. What about promotion?  Manager Our promotional strategy is “building good image in the minds of customers by delivering qualified, fair priced and purely available products. By doing so this we could create a good wellbeing.Q. How could you advertise?  We advertise our product by car kiosk. Since last year we stared advertise by our web site www.genesisfarmEthiopia plc com.Q. on what aspect of the product does your product advertisement focuses?  The manager said that their advertisement practice is Based the quality of the product or their product advertisement manifests quality. Chapter four Major finding, conclusion and recommendation 83.33% of the respondent was male and 16.66% females. 27.77% of the respondents were 30 (35%, 22.22%) 2 b/n 25. 38% and the remaining were below 30 years and only 16.16 % were above 35%. 61.11% of the respondents were married on their life style and 38.88 were unmarried. 50% of the respondents were getting below 1000 birr per month 22.7% b/n 200, 300% and above 5000(11.11 %). Majority (44.44%) of the respondent were stayed in purchase for a long period of time The Majority (44.44%) of the respondent bought the company’s product daily. And 33.33% of the respondent replied as they bought weekly bases. The remaining % of the respondent included under monthly & yearly. 7(38.88%) of the respondent bought vegetables milk and dairy product daily and weekly, 6(33.33%) of the respondent bought day to today that of vegetable, milk and dairy product. 18(100%) of the respondent bought the company’s product for home consumption purpose. 44.44% of the respondent differentiates the company product in Quality, price and freshness bases. 77.77% of the respondent were agreed on that the ingredient that are labeled on the package of the product and what there in Side.
  18. 18. 50% of the respondents were responded that the company’s new product has mediumquality.66.66% of the respondent answered they didn’t get any defect product whenever theybought from the company.44% of the respondent replied the company must work hard on its promotionalcampaign to sustain its growth and profitability, 33.33% of the respondent said it soimprove its quality of product and also 16.66% the respondent said as it must add newmarket segment in new areas.66.66% of responded that the major problem of the company is promotion. it doesn’tisn’t being work hard on promotional campaign .100% of the respondents ware responds that the company always improves itsproduct.50% of the respondent responds that the improvement was focused mainly onvegetables product.77.77 % of the respondent said that the improvement was vey good.100% of the respond at that still they are on buying from the company. They did stop.83.33% of the respondent that the company’s product quality and price match.61.11% of the re respondent respond as the company has to consider customerpurchasing power before it Sets product price.50.55% of the respondent get price discount.66.66% of the respondent gets free maintenance.55.55% of the respondent respond that the company both personal and non-personalcommunication channel.77.7% of the customer respondent gets information about the company’s productfrom other tools of communication like persons talk, boll board.50% of the responded nothing could be said about the kind of media that is used bythe company.38.8% of the respondents respond as the company didn’t introduce its new product toits customers.72.22% of the respond that the message execution style is factual.61.11 % of the respondent responds that promotional message of the companyemphasis on the quality of the product.72.22% of the respondent hat they bought the company product from both direct fromthe company and from its permitted intermediaries100% of the respondent said that as the company sis distribute its product selectively.83.33% of the respond at respond the distribution system is very good.

×