• Media affects you
• Subliminal messages attack you every day of your
• Media is good but we should be able to have
logical thoughts and interpret things on our own
rather than just believing what we hear.
Development of the World Wide Web
• Created by Tim Berners Lee in 1989
• Scientist had problems delivering
• Benefits of WWW:
experiments to those who were
communicate with family and
friends, advertisements and
• Berners Lee came up with the idea
of using the internet to connect
the list goes on
MAC vs. PCs
• In the Bahamas...most of the population has a PC, only a minority
of the population owns a MAC.
• In most schools in the computer labs contain PCs because its
cheaper to buy a room full of PCs than to buy a room full of MACs.
• To every 2 PCs you buy, you can maybe get one MAC.
• Most schools have the impression that PCs can get the job done of
allowing students to become computer literate.
• Only a few schools are blessed to have their students practice their
computer literacy skills on MACs.
Television in The Bahamas
• 1911 Royal and Imperial Theaters
• 1949 & 1963 Sidney Poitier
• Job Opportunities
• 1937 The Broadcasting Corporation of The
• 1994 Canadian Investors
• Local programming?
Global Media and The Bahamas.
• Mediums of Global Media
• Global Media impacts us through:
• What we wear
Radio in the
• Radio is historic
• The average Bahamian comes into contact with radio almost
• Radio is extremely influential in the Bahamas
• Bahamians must understand the power of radio
• Radio is a part of our culture.