Sometimes HSV is mistaken for vaginal yeast infections, bacterial infections and bladder infections. Most of the people affected with genital herpes do not experience symptoms and therefore do not know when they have contracted the disease if they are not tested regularly.
Ashay Pratt, Danielle Balfour, Fane’ Austin and Roland Horton
• What is Genital herpes?
• Types of Herpes
• HSV-1-Oral Herpes
• HSV-2-Genital Herpes
• Who does the herpes simplex
virus type 1 affect?
• Categories of Genital herpes
WHAT CAUSES HERPES?
• HSV (Herpes Simplex Virus)
• (HSV-1)-Oral Herpes (some cases of Genital Herpes)
• Oral Sex
• Skin contact with mouth
• (HSV-2)-Genital Herpes (tends to be sexually transmitted)
• Skin-to-skin contact anywhere on the body (rarely)
• Oral sex
• Vaginal and Anal sex
• Blisters that cause Painful
• Flu-like symptoms
• Pain from passing urine
EFFECTS OF ILLICIT DRUGS WITH HERPES
• Alcohol (Depressant)
• Black out
• Memory Loss
• Failure to recognize
• Increase sexual
• Feeling of not being
in control of one’s
• Clouds judgment
• Increased chance of
• Failure to think
• Date Rape Drugs
• Drunk feeling
• Memory loss
• Lost sense of time
• Distorted images
• Outer body
EFFECTS OF DRUGS ON GENITAL HERPES
• Unprotected sex (Sex without condom, female condom)
• Sex without contraceptives (Birth control, spermicide)
• Extremely intoxicated
• Date rape drugs (Special K, Roofies)
• Gang Rape (multiple offenders)
• Oral Sex with an infected person
• 4 out of 8 people in the United States of
America contract genital herpes.
Conducive math can say that every 2 of
these 4, contracted the disease/virus by
being under the influence.
• After contracting the virus, even if not by the
abuse of drugs, it can be an easy task to fall
victim to. Many people have sought out drugs
and alcohol as an alternative to ease their pain.
However this may make matters worse.
• According to the Mckinley Health Center at the University of
Illinois, 65% of people reported alcohol or drugs being involved
in their more recent casual sex encounter.
• To conclude, when under the influence of alcohol, sex happens.
And when sex happens without a clear head, diseases and
virus’ are spread that can ruin a persons life forever. Everything
changes and some people recover, others do not. Which then
leads to revenge, and other people fall victim to drugs and bad