Moving in the Right Direction: The Latest Trends in CEDS Planning
NADO Conference - RENO, NV - October 19-23
Project Officer, Raul Ramos, SRO- Perspective - CEDS
• Guidelines, Training, Process, and Actions - Mission Accomplished:
• EDA Guidelines provide a road map and establish a process.
• NADO has provided excellent training programs to help EDA strenghen a
process with more community focus - EDA Sees Successful Results.
• CEDS Building Blocks - Summary Background, SWOT Analysis, Action Plan
and Evaluation Framework - result in Consistency/Relevance.
• Vast majority of CEDS have been Outstanding Plans.
• Review Title 13 CFR-Section 303.6 (CEDS Process)
• Foundation: Background, SWOT Analysis, Action Plan/Evaluation
• EDR - Key Front line support/ EDS - Secondary support.
• Form strong Strategy Advisory Committee - Representative of interest.
• Complete Self-Assessement Questionnaire prior to Board Approval.
• EDR/EDS prepares EDA Letter of CEDS Approval.
• CEDS is added to Regional Office CEDS Inventory.