OTHER MAIN ROLES
Fraulein Schneider Herr Schultz
Ernst Ludwig Fraulein Kost
The ‘Cabaret Girls’ The ‘Cabaret Boys’
WHEN WILL IT TAKE PLACE
• The last week in the Autumn term (ie the
week before Christmas holidays).
• We will rehearse the full weekend prior to
‘show week’ but it means you will have
Christmas to recover and February half term
off (year 11s will be able to revise for your
WHERE WILL IT TAKE PLACE
• We hope to hold the performance at the
new Beyton campus.
• We plan to modify the layout of the main hall to
reflect a ‘cabaret’ style eg. some table seating for
the audience, the band will be on the stage in a
frame and the performance space will be decking
below the level of the stage, there will be the
opportunity for cast to mix with audience whilst ‘in
role’ and drinks and food will be served.
Stage 1: Come and Learn about the show
• Thursday 26th June from 4-6pm in drama area
• A workshop session will introduce the story and
characters to you. There will be some
improvisation/script tasks, you will learn some
choreography and we will go over the audition
• This will be an informal session and the aim is for
people to come along and see if they might like to
• We hope to use the blog give you access to helpful
audition prep material.
Stage 2: Come and impress us
• Thursday 3rd July from 4-6pm.
• Auditions. You will dance some choreography
(taught the previous session) and sing your
prepared songs. These will be ‘Wilkommen’ for boys
and ‘Cabaret’ for girls.
• (You will not need to prepare the whole of these
songs for the preliminary auditions, just the first
• At the end of this session will let you know who we
wish to call back.
Stage 3: Call-backs
• Friday 4th July from 4 - 5.30pm
• We would like to hear ‘Wilkommen’ for boys
but this time with the dialogue.
• For girls we would like to hear ‘Maybe this
• There may also be some script work and
additional songs taught on the day.
• We will announce the main cast (and
hopefully minor roles) BEFORE THE END OF
• Main cast will have access to scripts over
the holidays to learn lines.
• We will make use of the blog to post useful
links for you all to use.
• Please see Mrs Hollocks if you are interested
in finding out more.
• We may be able to make practice parts
(not final versions) available to you over the
holidays to look at.
• If your instrument is not involved in this show
it is likely that in ‘Honk’ (years 7-9 musical
production) or the Shakespeare play (in
Spring term) we will be able to use you.