How thefilmwas devised and financed
• Avengers: Age of Ultron was released in the United Kingdom on
April 23rd 2015
• Age of Ultron is based on the Marvel comics and is a sequel from
the first Avengers.
• It had enormous box office success- and grossed $1 billion in 24
Production Budget- $250
Domestic Total Gross- $459,005,868
Worldwide Gross- $1,405,035,767
• It stayed in the cinema for a total of 161 days.
The second part of the Hollywood blockbuster The Avengers, is the most international
Marvel movie yet. The filming took place basically in five countries: Italy, South Africa,
South Korea, United Kingdom and Bangladesh.
Whereit was shot
• Robert Downey Jr.-
• Chris Hemsworth -
• Mark Ruffalo- Hulk
• Chris Evans-
• Scarlett Johansson -
• Hayley Atwell -
• Idris Elba-
• Linda Cardellini -
• Stellan Skarsgård
- Erik Selvig
• Jeremy Renner -
• James Spader - Ultron
• Samuel L. Jackson -
• Don Cheadle - War
• Aaron Taylor-Johnson -
• Elizabeth Olsen -
• Paul Bettany -
Jarvis / Vision
• Cobie Smulders -
• Anthony Mackie -
“As much as you admire the polished, expertly choreographed
entertainment...you feel as if they're putting on a gymnastics display
or an extremely high-tech tap-dance routine.”
“An entertaining package of characters and ideas that manages to be
a whole lot more than the first film while also being a little bit less.”
“The latest "Avengers" movie plays its music loud from start to
finish. Mindless action rules, punctuated only by super hero/villain
“Avengers: Age of Ultron succeeds in the top priority of creating a worthy
opponent for its superheroes and giving the latter a few new things to do, but
this time the action scenes don't always measure up and some of the characters
are left in a kind of dramatic no-man's-land.”
-The Hollywood Reporter
Marketing played a massive part to the success of the film. An inordinate amount of time and
money was spent in insuring that as many people as possible would be able to see it. They
did this by:
• First realising a teaser trailer at comic con in 2013, because they were the main target
• They then released a second teaser trailer in 2014 at Comic Con, but neither of the teasers
gave anything away, they were used to create a buzz about the film.
• In 2014 they held promotional events with the cast.
• As the date for release approached Avengers: Age of Ultron got the 2nd most amount of
social networking hype.
• 6 days before the trailer was meant to be released it was leaked- but this may have been
done by marvel themselves to get more views. Which worked, because they got 34.3
million views in the first 26 hours!
• They also promoted the film with posters, special features in Guardians of the Galaxy,
having easter eggs in agents of shield and having merchandise and products about the film.