Proposed SXSW 2014 Interactive panel
The Evolution of Identity Online
This proposed panel will look at the future of user
proﬁles and the question of identity online.
As the web evolves, three main strands of identity appear
to be taking shape:
- At opposite ends the completely anonymous (Bitcoin,
Tor, etc) and the public (Facebook, Google plus, etc)
- In between these lie services where identity can be
questionable (Tumblr,Twitter, etc)
The topics surrounding this theme will be discussed by a
panel of entrepreneurs with real world experience,
followed by an open Q&A with the audience.
‣ How will the evolution of identity online affect the apps and
products you build in the future?
‣ Should you encourage sign-ups and authentication via large
services (Facebook, Twitter) or build your own?
‣ What is the difference in value and engagement, if any, of both
‣ What will the proﬁle page of the future look like? Will it still
exist and what are the privacy implications of the various
‣ As big data becomes real currency online, will users of the
future sell their metadata to the highest bidder?
CEO and co-founder
Michelle You Nico Perez
CTO and Cofounder