• Introduction• What is CIVICRM?• Features• Requirements• How to install• Database installation• Module installation• Review Permission• Configuration and settings
How to: Integrating CiviCRM into a Drupal 7 website
ImplementCIVICRM is a contact management software
• CiviCRM is a web-based, internationalized suite of computer software for constituency relationship management, that falls under the broad rubric of customer relationship management.• It is specifically designed for the needs of non-profit, non-governmental, and advocacy groups, and serves as an association management system.• CiviCRM is designed to manage information about an organizations donors, members, event registrants, subscribers, grant application seekers and funders, and case contacts. Volunteers, activists, voters as well as more general sorts of business contacts such as employees, clients, or vendors can be managed using CiviCRMWhat is Civicrm?
• CiviCRM is deployed in conjunction with either the Drupal or Joomla! content management systems (CMS), and is supported by many hosting and professional services companies. Both the Drupal and Joomla! professional associations use CiviCRM. CiviCRMs license is the GNU AGPL 3.• CiviCRM version 4.0 supports new versions of Drupal (7.x) and Joomla (1.6.x), while CiviCRM 3.4 supports older versions of Drupal (6.x) and Joomla (1.5.x)• CiviCRM version 4.1, currently in alpha, supports Drupal 6 and 7, Joomla 1.7, and for the first time also WordPress 3.3What is Civicrm?
• Linux• Apache 2.1• PHP 5.2.x (or newer)• MySQL 5.x with INNODB enabled• Drupal 7.xRequirements
• Just keep in mind This presentation is for Drupal 7• First of all download the package. You can download here• Package is available for Joomla and Drupal. Choose the Drupal 7 package.• Unzip the folder• Upload or put the package to the module folder in drupal or best option to put in /sites/all/modules. If modules does not exits then make one. Later one is the best practice in a sense if you need to delete any of the modules ll be much easier or you are having multisitesHow to install
• Civicrm has its own database which is out of the Drupal or Joomla. It does not add tables into the Drupal or Joomla Database.• Go to your admin panel and create a seprate database. You can do that via going to mysql, phpmyadmin or ask you host provider to setup for you.• Named the data base according your convention for tha project. E.g. site-civicrm• keep in hand the information of mysql username and password. It ll be handy in next stepsHow to instal – Database setup
• Login to your Drupal site with Administrator level permissions• Point your web browser to the following URL:• http://<your_drupal_home>/sites/all/modules/civicrm/install/index.php• You should see the CiviCRM Installer screen.• Initially, you will see a red bar with the message "These database details dont appear to be correct." This is expected as you havent entered your database settings yet.• If you see other errors, check the Requirements details at the bottom of the page for more information. You will need to correct any issues before continuing.How to install – Civicrm installation
• Fill in the CiviCRM Database Settings.• Fill in the Drupal Database Settings for your existing Drupal database (as noted in step 2 above).• Select the appropriate language for the base installation. You will be able to add other languages after the installation for multi-lingual sites.• Click the Check Requirements and Install CiviCRM button.How to install – Civicrm installation
• The installer will configure your databases, create the settings file and redirect you to your Drupal Home page.• If you still see a red bar with the message "These database details dont appear to be correct." - check the Database Details section below your settings for specific errors and problems. Once you correct these problems, click "Recheck requirements" to verify your settings before continuing.• If you are on a Windows machine and get the message "The user account used by your web-server needs to be granted write access to the following directory in order to configure the CiviCRM settings file: C:<drupal path>/sites/default" even after changing directory permission in Explorer, see http://forum.civicrm.org/index.php/topic,5056.msg23720.html#msg23720 for instructions how to change the permissions using CMD.• Once you see the green "Youre ready to install!" message - you can click Check Requirements and Install CiviCRMHow to install – Civicrm installation
• Verify that the Roles that you want to have access to CiviCRM have the appropriate permissions checked. CiviCRM is installed with a number of fixed permissions (such as "edit contacts" and "administer CiviCRMHow to install - Review permissions
• Login to your Drupal site with an administrator-level login• Click the CiviCRM link in the main navigation block• Click Administer CiviCRM• If your Drupal site makes use of the db_prefix setting (in settings.php - cf. Step 2, above), click Configure Global Settings, then Drupal Integration Settings, and update the box for the Drupal Users Table Name so that it includes the prefix.• Click Synchronize Users-to-Contacts in the top group of iconsConfiguration and settings