Presented by Peter Mellalieu at Unitec Institute of Technology, Auckland, to participants in the Young Enterprise Scheme (YES), March 11, 2010.
We all want to be part of creating a winning enterprise. But what processes are required to create a winning enterprise? What is the role you can best play to make your enterprise a success?
Peter Mellalieu introduces and explains the entrepreneurial process (EP) model and asks you to consider the following questions:
- EXAMINE the pieces of the entrepreneurial process (EP) ‘jigsaw’.
- IDENTIFY the piece(s) of the jigsaw that you can most contribute to your team.
- JUSTIFY your choice to your team in terms of your talents, interests, and/or strengths.
- NEGOTIATE the best allocation of the pieces of the jigsaw to create a ‘winning team’.
- IDENTIFY how you will address weaknesses in your team’s talents and/or interests.
The entrepreneurial process model illustrates how wealth is created through several processes including:
- Spotting opportunities to improve products, services and/or processes
- Growing a business that succeeds through putting the customer first and controlling the business
- Continuously innovating to overcome obstacles through managing risk, finding required resources, showing determination, and using networks.
Mellalieu, P. J. (2010, March 11). Creating a winning enterprise: Your place in the entrepreneurial process. Slideshow presentation with soundtrack presented at the Introduction to Young Enterprise Scheme (YES) for secondary school students, Auckland: Unitec Institute of Technology. Retrieved from http://web.mac.com/petermellalieu/Teacher/Blog/Entries/2010/3/13_Creating_a_winning_enterprise%3A_your_place_in_the_entrepreneurial_process.html
(My aplogies fo the audio synchronisation. My first attempt!)