Amid the chaos and uncertainty of the coronavirus in our communities world wide, the entire college planning process has been upended. Join us for a webinar/discussion on best practices, resources and tools, both in GuidedPath and in counseling, that you can use to bring order to the process, and instill a sense of calm in students/parents in this uncertain time.
Calm Amid the Chaos: Best Practices for Taking Your College Counseling Online
Best Practices for Taking Your
College Counseling Online
◦ BS in Behavioral Science and MA in Education
◦ UCLA instructor in College Counseling Certificate Program
◦ Counselor at middle school and high school level
◦ Worked with AVID for 14 years, training over 1000 administrators/educators
◦ College Counseling Professional for over 30 years: Helped start HECA
◦ Active in Professional organizations: HECA, IECA, NCAG, AICEP, WACAC, NACAC
◦ Youtube channel with interviews with over 100 professionals (new one added this week)
◦ Female Entrepreneur: started 1 consulting company, technology company
◦ Starting new company featuring online training for female entrepreneurs & educators
◦ Starting new podcast: All About Your Next Steps
What are our choices?
• Bring Calm Amidst the Chaos
• Brene Brown- Unlocking US
Take care of
Learn and share.
Continue with purpose and meaning.
Social distancing does not mean social isolation.
Increase feel-good activities.
Tune in to your feeling and feelings of others around you.
* From UCLA Vice Provost Office
Practice Practice Compassion
Stay in Stay in touch with professionals
Limit/monitor Limit/monitor exposure to news/social media
Connect Connect to learning
Focus Focus on facts, information
Sit Sit with Anxiety
Acknowledge Acknowledge validity of feelings
Listen Listen Actively
Maintain Maintain Normalcy
Model Model Calmness
NACAC- frequent updates on fairs,
conferences and more
College campus closures
New Online Tool
Virtual Tours: Using
Tours: check college
students are home,
reach out to them
◦ Add links to updates in your CUSTOM MENU
◦ Update TESTING as needed
◦ Use email to announce moving to a Virtual environment
◦ Use video conferencing tools:
◦ Use assignments and appointments to manage counseling load
◦ Use calendars and schedulers to manage load