How are library programs transforming in order to engage children, communicate in their interest language, and support them as they prepare to enter a global market unlike anything we can predict? It's time to be the hero.
Teach Math with the Wii
Meghan HearnMe (or Mii)
CC IMG SRC: http://bit.ly/1hFwDxV
• Make sense of problems and persevere in solving them.
• Reason abstractly and quantitatively.
• Construct viable arguments and critique the reasoning of others.
• Model with mathematics.
• Use appropriate tools strategically.
• Attend to precision.
• Look for and make use of structure.
• Look for and express regularity in repeated reasoning.
(CCSS.MATH.CONTENT.4.G.A1-2) Draw and identify lines
and angles, and classify shapes by
properties of their lines and angles.
Draw points, lines, line segments, rays, angles (right, acute,
obtuse), and perpendicular and parallel lines. Identify these in
Classify two-dimensional figures based on the presence or
absence of parallel or perpendicular lines, or the presence or
absence of angles of a specified size. Recognize right
triangles as a category, and identify right triangles.
understanding of fractions as numbers.
Understand a fraction 1/b as the quantity formed by 1 part
when a whole is partitioned into b equal parts; understand a
fraction a/b as the quantity formed by a parts of size 1/b.
Understand a fraction as a number on the number line;
represent fractions on a number line diagram.