•Past simple: regular verbs
•Affirmative sentences: the correct form of the regular past simple by adding –ed.
•To express something that happened in the past, using past simple.
• Things we indicate for an action that occurred in the past and which does not extend
into the present.
• To talk about things that happened in the past and ended in the past.
Je gebruikt de past
simple om aan te geven
dat iets is begonnen en
geëindigd is in het
PAST -x - NOW FUTURE
• You watched tv last night.
• They played football yesterday.
• She visited me last summer.
• werkwoord + ed
work - worked
• Werkwoord eindigt met -e + -d
share - shared
• Werkwoorden die eindigen op -y
• kijken naar letter ervoor a/e/i/o/u -ed,
play - played
• anders wordt -y -ied
study - studied
I played the guitar yesterday
Peter worked in a restaurant this morning
He crashed the car last night
My parents walked in the park a year ago
You studied for the test
My teacher lived in Rotterdam when
she was young.
Does she live in Rotterdam now?
Did she live in Rotterdam in the past?